Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 306 : June 10 - June 16

AJ

Shining Tribe for me, thanks VG

Luxa

Hi everyone!

Thanks again VG 😀

I've just got Dame Darcy's Mermaid Tarot in the post and I love it already! Sadly it's missing the 6 of wands, but I've sent an email off and I'm optimistic it'll get sorted out. In the mean time, I'm not letting it get in the way of my joy! 😂 I've put the info card in as a replacement.

I'm using Chrysalis for the Sacred Days of Midsummer spread this week too.

Luxa - Dame Darcy Mermaid Tarot and Chrysalis

Scarlet Woodland

Hi everyone!

Thanks again VG 😀

I've just got Dame Darcy's Mermaid Tarot in the post and I love it already! Sadly it's missing the 6 of wands, but I've sent an email off and I'm optimistic it'll get sorted out. In the mean time, I'm not letting it get in the way of my joy! 😂 I've put the info card in as a replacement.

I'm using Chrysalis for the Sacred Days of Midsummer spread this week too.

Luxa - Dame Darcy Mermaid Tarot and Chrysalis

The Chrysalis is so perfect for SDoM! I was umming and ahhing over which deck to choose but you've made up my mind for me :)

Hope your 6 of wands makes a triumphant entrance soon.

Carojulie

Hi everyone!

Hi Luxa, I hope you enjoy your Mermaid tarot ! I sure love mine :) So refreshing and fun at the same time !

Trogon

I'm going a little lighthearted this week with the Everyday Witch.

This is another deck which is on my wish-list. It's quite ... whimsical I guess. And every time I look at The Fool, I think of "Kiki's Delivery Service"! :D

So far, I'm getting along fabulously with the Tarot Illuminati. The card stock is rather thick for a deck published by Lo Scarabeo, at least thicker than my other LS decks. Due to that the cards feel a little stiff. Also, as you rub your finger across the face of almost all of the cards, you feel a slight roughness at the edge - probably from the cutting machine. But that is softening as I use the deck. The bright colors and rich detail of the cards really makes them feel alive in a reading. The images are, for the most part, pretty close to the RWS, so it's quite easy to read with - but even with that, it feels quite intuitive. So far, this is turning out to be a fabulous deck.

Luxa

The Chrysalis is so perfect for SDoM! I was umming and ahhing over which deck to choose but you've made up my mind for me :)

Hope your 6 of wands makes a triumphant entrance soon.

Haha, I hope so too, thanks!

I've just looked at (drooled over) your deck collection Scarlet and I can't believe we'll be using the same one - you have hundreds to choose from! :-D I think Chrysalis is perfect too though and I'm glad we're both using it, be interesting to see what we both pull.

@Carojulie - I'm really enjoying my mermaid tarot, thanks, it is so much fun! I love the cartoon style of art and i love the titles on the cards too. Some of them are missing an 's' like its 'seven of cup' , and 'six pentacles' (no 'of'), all of them have roman numerals except the Hermit. :-D Its so carefree, I love it. Obviously, i love the mermaids too, and the sailors. Which edition do you have? Mine is the 3rd edition, which has a kind of tea stain on the cards, making them look aged.

@Morwenna & Trogon - I really like the Everyday Witch, it is very whimsical. For me its just so easy to read and i can ask it any silly little question! I haven't tried deeper questions with it, I'll have to get it out soon! Hope you're enjoying it Morwenna! :)

CharlotteK

Hello hello, I am very late this week. And think I missed last week too. Glad to see everyone getting on well with their DOTW. I am trying this week to get to know (and like) Mystical Tarot. It has so far left me cold, but I'd like to bond.

Scarlet Woodland

Haha, I hope so too, thanks!

I've just looked at (drooled over) your deck collection Scarlet and I can't believe we'll be using the same one - you have hundreds to choose from! :-D I think Chrysalis is perfect too though and I'm glad we're both using it, be interesting to see what we both pull.

You should see VG's collection :D Will be great to use the Chrysalis for something a little deeper... my usual tarot questions tend to be pretty mundane, so nice to test out its full potential.

Really enjoying my Victorian trio this week but craving colour already! Looks like it's going to be another, super colourful week next time.

VGimlet

Hello hello, I am very late this week. And think I missed last week too. Glad to see everyone getting on well with their DOTW. I am trying this week to get to know (and like) Mystical Tarot. It has so far left me cold, but I'd like to bond.

There is no true "ate" (okay, maybe Thursday is late...but even THEN I'd still sign you up, haha). Jump in and out of the DOTW as you like. Sometimes we get sidetracked...

CharlotteK

There is no true "ate" (okay, maybe Thursday is late...but even THEN I'd still sign you up, haha). Jump in and out of the DOTW as you like. Sometimes we get sidetracked...
Thanks VG 😁