Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 306 : June 10 - June 16

Scarlet Woodland

Against all logic I've actually been using the Tarot Illuminati too this week. Haven't been feeling the Lenormand since Monday so pulled a second Tarot deck to keep the VR company. They actually work really well together... the Illuminati is crystal clear on detail, while the Victorian Romantic is great for big concepts and one card readings.

Seems I couldn't make it through a week without some bright, splashy colours :D

Trogon

Against all logic I've actually been using the Tarot Illuminati too this week. Haven't been feeling the Lenormand since Monday so pulled a second Tarot deck to keep the VR company. They actually work really well together... the Illuminati is crystal clear on detail, while the Victorian Romantic is great for big concepts and one card readings.

Seems I couldn't make it through a week without some bright, splashy colours :D

Well, the Tarot Illuminati definitely has colors! :D

page of ghosts

The Original has been good to me this week but it's shine has been a little dimmed by the fact that the Centennial deck showed up yesterday. So pretty! Such clear images! But, I've still enjoyed spending some time with the Original and I suspect it might be a little while before it gets to be my deck of the week again, heh.

Scarlet Woodland

Well, the Tarot Illuminati definitely has colors! :D

One or two :D

I caved and ordered the Chrysalis book an hour ago but had to swiftly cancel it :( Made the mistake of glancing at the April 24th post on their homepage and no... I just can't.

Luxa

Made the mistake of glancing at the April 24th post on their homepage and no... I just can't.

Well that is disappointing. I hadn't noticed it before. I do still love the book though, but I won't go on, cos you didn't ask to be enabled :p

Trogon, i love your red bag! It suits the Illuminati really well! I've been looking at bag making tutorials today, I'm thinking of digging my sewing machine out to see if it still works. I need a couple of tarot bags.

I'm still really enjoying Dame Darcy's tarot. I think it's going to be one of my favourites.

Also I'm just loving the colours of the Chrysalis, so glad to be using it again. :) p

DaughterOfDanu

Hey DaughterOfDanu, you are right about the unicorn vibe for the Starchild tarot !
I have this deck and, while I find it compellingly beautiful, I have never really read with it, I find it difficult to interpret most of the times.... But you just gave me a good reason to try it again :) Thanks !

I had trouble with it too but through time I found it is great for intuitive readings. The guidebook also is helpful when I'm stuck. As silly as it sounds I sometimes make up stories for the characters in the cards to help me get a better grasp on the card's meaning. Since the cards aren't exactly fully illustrated the way the RWS is, for example, it helps to fill in the blanks and get me more familiar with the card.

VGimlet

Wow - I've just had a look!! VG your collection is awesome!!

I like it, but compared to some of the other AT members it's not so amazing. :p I only buy decks I am drawn toward, so it's not as comprehensive as the collections of others, either. But I'm okay with that. :joke:

Hi What IS known about the case : Lo Scarabeo made a public disclaimer that they did not find anything wrong with DD's work, and that they did not consider it morally or juridically problematic.

I didn't know that, and found it cleared my mind, although honestly I have no issues with the deck one way or another. I have a few questionable decks of my own. heh.

I know I am not putting the Animal Familiars on my more later list. It was okay , but I don't feel a compelling need to spend more time with it.

This has been such a good discussion week I kind of hate to end this thread, but the new week is coming up, so the new thread is now here.

Morwenna

I've been having a bit of fun with the Everyday Witch, and I noticed something that I can't find in the book: the families on the Ten of Pents and Ten of Cups are the court figures for those suits! :bugeyed: I got perusing the deck so hard for other repeats that I never got to actually reading with the deck... :( But the book is a lot of fun!