Did a reading for her, but got me.

Lucas Prince of Cats

So, I wanted to help my friend out, so I did a no-question-needed spread for her, and the situation sounded more like it was for me. She's also an internet friend (doesn't live near me), so I didn't do it with her. HAs this happenned to you before? DO I need to atleast be at the computer with her? Any mor einfo you could give me for that?

violetdaisy

My only thought would be-since I haven't done online readings for others yet (my computer is just a tablet - hunt and peck takes too long) is if you didn't have permission from her to do a reading about her the cards may not make sense for her situation, but that's a personal ethics belief issue.

Lucas Prince of Cats

My only thought would be-since I haven't done online readings for others yet (my computer is just a tablet - hunt and peck takes too long) is if you didn't have permission from her to do a reading about her the cards may not make sense for her situation, but that's a personal ethics belief issue.

Thabks! I should also mention that she isn't really into oit, when I asked her if she wanted one.

HOLMES

hi

I am a person who does a lot of grounding, and energy work though visualization before I read the tarot..
so did you do any of that before your reading.

as we are the reader of the tarot, a lot of time the universe uses our life lessons, experiences to further colour the tarot reading so we can make clarification of the tarot even more.

she said yes so that shouldn't matter, what could matter is a lot of time our own fears of being wrong can get in the way, and it is my own personal belief that there are some readings some of us are not good at.

for me I am unable to give myself readings, and there are some people for who knows why, that I just can't read for, like they got an energy block up about them. and so perhaps that is the problem for you.

and there are some days where we are just simply off.. so in that case I always try to have a good sleep and be in the best possible situation before doing a reading to increase my chances of doing the best reading I can.

Tanga

So, I wanted to help my friend out, so I did a no-question-needed spread for her, and the situation sounded more like it was for me. She's also an internet friend (doesn't live near me), so I didn't do it with her. HAs this happenned to you before? DO I need to atleast be at the computer with her? Any mor einfo you could give me for that?

If she didn't really want it - you shouldn't have done it imo (because then in your subcoscious mind - you don't have permission so this could mess with your interpretation possibly.). And, if she's not up for a reading - how then did you engage with her to "help"?
Did she "humour you" by reading your interpretation and then say it was all wrong or what?

As suggested rituals to clear and ground your mental state are always good (unless you think it's total rubbish ofcourse :) ).
Then perhaps - make the question more specific.
General after all - might turn out to be anything - rather than the specific aim.

SunChariot

The short answer is no. The long answer is that I believe the cards ALWAYS answer the exact question we ask. Unless, on the rare occasion, they refuse to answer.

But my belief is that the cards will always answer the question you ask. That means to me, imo, that if you ask about your friend then the answer will always be talking about her.

BUT another phenomenon that I have often observed, that happens often for me, is that a reading I do for someone else will very often feel pertinent to my life too. The querents who seek me out tend to be facing the exact same issues that I am in my life. Then when I do their readings it speaks to me too and helps me in my life.

This happens a lot. I think of it as the universe killing two birds with one stone. LOL It finds a way to help the two of us simultaneously.

So what I believe is that even if the reading felt like it was about you, it was aimed at your friend and should feel just as pertinent to them as it does to you.

Those are my beliefs on that.

Babs

Lucas Prince of Cats

The short answer is no. The long answer is that I believe the cards ALWAYS answer the exact question we ask. Unless, on the rare occasion, they refuse to answer.

But my belief is that the cards will always answer the question you ask. That means to me, imo, that if you ask about your friend then the answer will always be talking about her.

BUT another phenomenon that I have often observed, that happens often for me, is that a reading I do for someone else will very often feel pertinent to my life too. The querents who seek me out tend to be facing the exact same issues that I am in my life. Then when I do their readings it speaks to me too and helps me in my life.

This happens a lot. I think of it as the universe killing two birds with one stone. LOL It finds a way to help the two of us simultaneously.

So what I believe is that even if the reading felt like it was about you, it was aimed at your friend and should feel just as pertinent to them as it does to you.

Those are my beliefs on that.

Babs

Oooh, thanks, we do have some similarities the area thatspread was in.