Divination dreams and dates/exact times

Meditarot

Have any of you ever saw dreams where strict dates or times have been visioned?

I write this because I kind of had one.

About half years ago I saw a dream where a friend of mine was driving a car by the countryside. I was with him in a "spectator" kind of way. There was really nothing else visual but this road trip.

However, right before the end of the dream I heard myself saying crystally clear two dates, for example "10th of November or the last day of January". It was like someone said them right next to my ear, just that the person saying it was myself.

When I woke up I was of course really sleepy, but I decided to write hastily the dates and the overall theme of the dream (this friend of mine and a car), later reminding myself that it was not simply about the car, but an actual road trip.

In the first date nothing really happened (like sure he drove his car that day, but there was nothing special about it. Just "visiting the shop" or something like that) and I actually forgot about the whole thing, the notebook ending under a pile of books. But months later, through more or less pure chance, like "thing x happened so I had to go to area y. This friend of mine was going for experience z so he too ended up to the area y. He calls me (knowing I'm in the area too) and asks me for this minor experience x. I decide to go and after this experience x we head to his car, in the intention of just saying "Bye" for him and then parting our ways. A friend of his joins us and suggests - well wouldn't you know, a road trip. So we end up driving through the countryside with his car.

A week later I remember the dream I saw so long ago, and - not remembering the date - dig up the notebook.

The road trip happened exactly in the same date as the dream had suggested - the last day of January.

By the way, critical arguments are also welcome in regards of the "divinative" aspect of my dream.

- Meditarot

danieljuk

a poster on here posted a while ago that they dreamt of their death on a certain date, it was about 50 years into the future. I think you have to let that one go because you can't spend you whole life worrying about that date.

I would have done exactly the same thing as you Medi, see what happens! how fascinating that you had a premonition of the road trip! For me it looks like it came true exactly as you had dreamt. If you were being sceptical or critical you could say this is self-fulfilling, this was bound to happen! But you did forget about it till later on!

I have never dreamt of exact dates yet but have had deja vu where I suddenly remember I dreamt of that exact situation earlier!

Meditarot

a poster on here posted a while ago that they dreamt of their death on a certain date, it was about 50 years into the future. I think you have to let that one go because you can't spend you whole life worrying about that date.

I would have done exactly the same thing as you Medi, see what happens! how fascinating that you had a premonition of the road trip! For me it looks like it came true exactly as you had dreamt. If you were being sceptical or critical you could say this is self-fulfilling, this was bound to happen! But you did forget about it till later on!

I have never dreamt of exact dates yet but have had deja vu where I suddenly remember I dreamt of that exact situation earlier!

Thank you danieljuk for your answer! :)

I searched into the thread you mentioned. It was around 5 years into the future, but your message is still right - it's futile to worry about future events happening or not happening, especially if we do not have power over it.

I've had those too of which you mentioned - many dreams with symbols as the premonitive element instead of dates. Or deja vu-dreams.

Perhaps one with the most obvious symbol was the one where my tv had broken in the dream. The screen was all black and I couldn't simply get it to work.

I woke and went to eat my breakfast. As I was finishing my meal my apartment mate had also woken and came to the kitchen. I returned to my room and around 10 minutes later I started to hear loud words behind my door. My flatmate came out of his room looking clearly frustrated, saying that his tv had broken and he has to buy a new one.

LaLaToro

Hello again Meditarot! We must be long lost twins or something!
I read this days ago, didn't think much of because I've never had any dates presented to me in dreams, only strange 'coincidences' if you believe in coincidences...
But last night I felt as though I was traveling. I was speaking to my sister. Who my cards say she has a gift as well but she's really young so I don't pry into her delicate mind. Anyway, she said to me "I'm going to do it tomorrow, I'm talking to him tomorrow." I tried to tell her no it's too soon. Because it's complete nonsense to being up x conversation at this point as we don't have y set up yet. There's been plans in the coming weeks/months to have the needed conversation. I've not spoken to her or anything. A few hours ago I found out she did in fact have x conversation even though no one else was expecting it. That's as close as I come to your experience but it wasn't like any other dream I've had so it deemed significant to me.

Meditarot

Hello again Meditarot! We must be long lost twins or something!
I read this days ago, didn't think much of because I've never had any dates presented to me in dreams, only strange 'coincidences' if you believe in coincidences...
But last night I felt as though I was traveling. I was speaking to my sister. Who my cards say she has a gift as well but she's really young so I don't pry into her delicate mind. Anyway, she said to me "I'm going to do it tomorrow, I'm talking to him tomorrow." I tried to tell her no it's too soon. Because it's complete nonsense to being up x conversation at this point as we don't have y set up yet. There's been plans in the coming weeks/months to have the needed conversation. I've not spoken to her or anything. A few hours ago I found out she did in fact have x conversation even though no one else was expecting it. That's as close as I come to your experience but it wasn't like any other dream I've had so it deemed significant to me.

I'm glad to hear of your success, although I do hope that the mistake your sister seems to be doing, and which you worry about, won't have anything serious as a consequence.

I'm not trying to take the honour here, but could it be possible that by reading about my experience you opened your mind to new and deepened knowledge about the subject which is precognition or oneiromancy?

Once this knowledge was acquired, your mind put it to use.

Skeptics would say that this was a mere coincidence, since there were plans about doing the event, and your mind naturally dreamed about this subject since it had troubled your mind.

- Meditarot

LaLaToro

I have agree with you. I've been asking for my dreams to be taken to the next level but I wasn't sure as to what that was. So I didn't have anywhere to direct my energy. In my cards, I've read that I will find my answer in fellowship and friends, which I've been thinking is AT (my only community that is understanding of my 'talents.') I certainly think your post planted the seed. Last night, it was numbers all night. I wish I could have written them down but I was being used as a giant baby pillow so I'll have to try again another night.
I'm not skeptical about it at all. Even though this was the plan for the future, it was not wise or prudent to approach the situation so quickly and we were shocked to learn it happened.
My cards keep pointing to teachers and friends and getting out of my comfort zone and I'm finding many answers in these forums of like minded people. Pretty awesome.

DownUnderNZer

I know two people that might fit this discussion. Both share the same name, both started having major full on experiences from the age of 13 onward only one was my youngest sister and the other a close friend.

FRIEND:

Would often dream things, but also experienced things as well like seeing ghostly figures, feeling her toes being pulled when asleep and she knew when she heard a tapping on her window that someone was likely to die soon. Also, at times, when sleeping in the same room as others if someone stopped breathing, or had something like an Asthma attack, she could actually see the essence of that person leaving her/his body. She really did not like seeing that at all.

There was this one dream she had over and over though.

It was always during summer and always the same ones at the beach like her father, mother, sisters and cousins. So, family. Her younger sisters would be with their buckets and spades in the sand building sand castles and the older ones would be wading out into the sea to swim.

Hot and sunny. Lots of fun. Really good vibe.

And then a few of them out there suddenly get into trouble...like a rip tide or undertow. And they are struggling to swim back to shore. Her father and other adults jump in to save them and they are able to get all of them except one boy cousin. (These are not little children, but teens).

He sadly drowns, but his body is fortunately retrieved.

It may have been a year or two later that this did take place about an hour away from where she lives at a nearby beach, so her dream was more like a warning or showing her what was to come.

SISTER:

She started having "nightmares" of "disasters" from around the age of 13 and it was so bad that she didn't like to go to sleep as she dreaded it. Not sure how it stopped, but maybe she was blessed. Not sure.

No idea why it happened to her either, but she said around the same time when she was in class they had to guess what each other was thinking in small groups and she got all her guesses right about what the other's were thinking. They seemed in awe and she thought it was really cool.

In her dreams though she would see people being hurt quite graphically as though she was there like in earthquakes or house fires etc. Then maybe a few days later or matter of weeks she would see there was an earthquake in Mexico or recognize the faces of children she had seen burning in a fire when they flashed photos of what the victims looked like. It really freaked her out! She totally did not like the experiences she was having as she knew when she dreamed those horrible ones that it meant it would happen soon. No dates or timing, but she knew days or weeks.

Lucky it stopped for her, but other things did as well when that happened. :)

Meditarot

I have agree with you. I've been asking for my dreams to be taken to the next level but I wasn't sure as to what that was. So I didn't have anywhere to direct my energy. In my cards, I've read that I will find my answer in fellowship and friends, which I've been thinking is AT (my only community that is understanding of my 'talents.') I certainly think your post planted the seed. Last night, it was numbers all night. I wish I could have written them down but I was being used as a giant baby pillow so I'll have to try again another night.
I'm not skeptical about it at all. Even though this was the plan for the future, it was not wise or prudent to approach the situation so quickly and we were shocked to learn it happened.
My cards keep pointing to teachers and friends and getting out of my comfort zone and I'm finding many answers in these forums of like minded people. Pretty awesome.

This has been quite a positive experience for me too.

Not only have I had the joy of spreading my experience, but this experience of mine now helped someone to grow and develop!

SISTER:

She started having "nightmares" of "disasters" from around the age of 13 and it was so bad that she didn't like to go to sleep as she dreaded it. Not sure how it stopped, but maybe she was blessed. Not sure.

No idea why it happened to her either, but she said around the same time when she was in class they had to guess what each other was thinking in small groups and she got all her guesses right about what the other's were thinking. They seemed in awe and she thought it was really cool.

In her dreams though she would see people being hurt quite graphically as though she was there like in earthquakes or house fires etc. Then maybe a few days later or matter of weeks she would see there was an earthquake in Mexico or recognize the faces of children she had seen burning in a fire when they flashed photos of what the victims looked like. It really freaked her out! She totally did not like the experiences she was having as she knew when she dreamed those horrible ones that it meant it would happen soon. No dates or timing, but she knew days or weeks.

Lucky it stopped for her, but other things did as well when that happened. :)

Your sister seems to be very gifted.

I've had a few disaster dreams too, the first one happened when I was still at elementary school.

However, they weren't as accurate as your sister's dreams, nor did I know whether my dreams were premonitive or not - I didn't even know back then if premonitive dreams existed, and because I was so little I didn't really even think about it. :)

Also, your sister's telepathy experiences sound intriguing too.

I do think my disaster dreams may have been more of simple messages from my subconscious rather than premonitive dreams. My mother was in both of these dreams, so the first dream (an earthquake) may have got something to do with my thoughts towards mother (for example subconscious fear of losing her).

The second dream happened just a little less than five years ago.

I was somewhere at the Pacific Ocean, near a beach. Suddenly a huge tsunami wave came and sucked me to the depths. My mother was again in this dream, and I lost her inside the waters.

A few weeks later the Fukushima incident happened.

Once again I do doubt if this was an premonitive dream. I was overwhelmed with feelings of love during those times and the water is naturally linked to emotions and tsunami to an overwhelming sensation.

I think it's good to distinguish when a dream may be premonative and when it's just your own subconscious talking to you.

However as I just wrote, I think your sister's dreams resemble that of actual premonitive dreams.

- Meditarot

LittleOne

I should pay better attention to my dreams. I was only about 13 at the time but I dreamt of 9/11 a couple of nighte before. I dreamt last year that a small boy fell from the sky in front of me and just died instantly and graphically, the next day the news had an article on a freak accident where a young girl was too small for a carnival ride and was thrown metres into the air and then died instantly on impacting the ground. I dreamt about my ex moving from a small town to a big city a few weeks later I found out he had around that time (the city names were just different), also in that same dream I was talking to a colleague and I remember we did have that conversation the next day.

I might have gotten it from my mum. She rang me the other day after waking from a dream where I joined a cult - the next day on the news she saw something on a guy who started a cult.

I have a friend who does not believe in any of that stuff but she said she had a weird dream where she ended up crying hysterically. A few weeks later everything that happened in that dream happened in real life, and she was so freaked out that she ended up crying hysterically.