Do you keep any stones or crystals with your deck(s)?

thefourrealms

I keep a few in a bag sitting on my tarot box, but I forget which ones they are.

Can anyone recommend stones or crystals ideal for divination or psychic/spiritual connections?

Awkward.turtle91

I think amythest is good for spiritual connection or at least from what I can remember, I might be wrong.

I tend to keep rose quartz in mine or clear.
:) x

Tanga

Here's a thread:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=268224&highlight=Crystals

Recommendations - try asking in the Crystals and Herbs section of AT?

And 3 that come to mind:
Clear Quartz - is an amplifier. And "promotes and intensifies spiritual expansion, awareness and enlightenment".
Dark purple Amethyst (Brazillian or Mexican) - promotes spiritual awakening and links to guides, angels, Goddess and other realms.
Celestite (watery pale blue) - as above, plus access to ascended beings, and advancement of channelling. Manifests ability to "flow with life".

- I looked the full info up in Diane Stein, "Healing with Gemstones and Crystals".
(I've not seen Celestite in a tumblestone form... usually it's faceted points... so it would be "scratchy" to
keep bouncing about inside a bag with a deck of cards. Quartz and Amethyst, you can easily find in tumblestone form.)

Some of my decks have a resident crystal inside the storage bag.
I choose them by "feel" - so I'm not thinking of the "designated metaphysical properties",
but rather just matching them because they somehow make sense with a particular deck for me - if you see what I mean...

Here are two with their decks (sorry photo's are fuzzy)
1) A red (orangish with stripes - feels a bit "comical") Jasper heart for my Halloween Tarot.
2) A Tiger eye heart for my Pagan Cats Tarot (you get the "cats eye" ref here :) ).
3) Faceted Clear Quartz - I like to place the large one by my card spread
when reading for others - and think of it as an amplifier for all needed and useful information. The faceting creates a Merkaba (star tetrahedron of sacred geometry) and Hexagram visual... "as above so below" and all that jazz.
:)

Attachments

• Tarot Bags2.JPG
    Tarot Bags2.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 119
  • Merkaba.JPG
    Merkaba.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 114

RiverRunsDeep

If you upgrade your membership and become a subscriber, you will have access to the Crystals and Herbs section (which Tanga mentioned), and you would be able to do a thorough search of the threads there.

For divination/spiritual connection, my top choice is amethyst. I also like lapis lazuli, labradorite, smoky quartz, and sodalite.

I only keep crystals with my favorite decks. Sometimes, I choose the crystals based on their metaphysical properties, and sometimes I choose them because their color/characteristics seems to match the color/characteristics of a deck.

EmpyreanKnight

I use amethyst, moldavite, prehnite, obsidian, pietersite, and dumortierite the most. They're highly effective for me.

nisaba

I keep a few in a bag sitting on my tarot box, but I forget which ones they are.

I have a hosue full of decks and a house foll of stones, they'll pick up whatever they need just from my household. :)

Can anyone recommend stones or crystals ideal for divination or psychic/spiritual connections?

Herkemer diamonds - great for clarity of thought. Snowflake obsidian, connecting to dreamscapes and the Dreaming that is doing a reading. Haematite for grounding and for "reflecting" negativity away.

Tanga

If you upgrade your membership and become a subscriber, you will have access to the Crystals and Herbs section (which Tanga mentioned)...

Actually - I think you don't need to be a subscriber for the Crystals and Herbs bit...
It doesn't say "private" when I look at it without signing in.

Grizabella

I'm really partial to just plain clear quartz crystal myself, but I lost most of my stones and crystals in that storage fiasco I've mentioned before. I always put the stone in a piece of cloth or separate little bag, though, because they'll scratch up your decks if they're not "clothed" with something. I use little pieces of buckskin to wrap mine in.

I wear lapis, moonstone, carnelian, obsidian, black onyx and others in jewelry, though. Lapis is a very spiritual stone, moonstone is very feminine, and carnelian and obsidian are good for grounding. I also have hematite jewelry but seldom wear any of the pieces for some reason.

Cocobird55

I have one rose quartz crystal on my desk. I hold it once in a while, but don't feel a think.

RiverRunsDeep

Actually - I think you don't need to be a subscriber for the Crystals and Herbs bit...
It doesn't say "private" when I look at it without signing in.

Hmm, not sure why I thought it was "private". Thanks for clarifying! :)