does size of crystal matter?

priscilla

being a mother of one-year-old baby give me no time to do a lot of tarot reading. I get exhausted all the time.
After one night, when I did a reading, it didn't looked clear to me. it looked like I couldn't read my cards.
Then, I decided to have an amethyst beads bracelet. it consist of 20 beads, each 10mm in diameter.
Does the crystal works as well as amethyst sphere which is bigger?
Thx

The crowned one

I feel size and QUALITY generally matter but not always. As a rule of thumb, yes. like a storage cell ( battery) we can get some good power out of small cells now-a-days, but you will not drive a car with the power of a watch battery, the physical limitation are just to great to overcome. Energy is energy, and follows natural law, so in MOST cases size and to me more so quality matters.

linnie

The crowned one said:
I feel size and QUALITY generally matter but not always. As a rule of thumb, yes. like a storage cell ( battery) we can get some good power out of small cells now-a-days, but you will not drive a car with the power of a watch battery, the physical limitation are just to great to overcome. Energy is energy, and follows natural law, so in MOST cases size and to me more so quality matters.
Yes... quality before size... If a crystal demonstates a beautiful colour, or sings its energy to you, that is more important than it being a great hulking thing... I love big crystals... I love small crystals... mostly I love crystals which beam at me... :) And... program your crystal... i never do it overly formally, but i kind of thank it for doig what will be most helpful...

EoMg

priscilla said:
Then, I decided to have an amethyst beads bracelet. it consist of 20 beads, each 10mm in diameter.
Does the crystal works as well as amethyst sphere which is bigger?

Do you have a bigger amethyst sphere as well as this bead bracelet? If so... you tell us :) Which one in your experience works better?

I think physical size can have some bearing but not always. It depends on the stone(s), what you're using them for, etc.

brightcrazystar

I study chemistry esoterically, and have for WAY to long to think that size doesn't matter. But purity is MORE essential, shape might matter just as much, and size distribution and color might matter a little more.

All Crystals and Gems have chemical composition. The purer the piece, the more specific the function, and the more effective it is in perfoming that function.

However, many of the pieces I have possess some "impurities" that give them a multi-function that doesn't seem to work with other pieces that are more "pure."

brightcrazystar

and to detail "size" and "Amethyst" specifically,
Size, generally affects two things, compatibility with other stones, and energy capacity. A larger stone of the same purity can take in and run more power at once without as much stress on the gem.

As Amethyst is precious quartz defined by color, not just composition, its primary trait (color) is due to irridation of iron impurities and machine strees from tectonic shifts. It is generally pretty high capacity, and the Iron double lattice is what makes the stone seen as a "sobering or grounding stone." A small piece is fine, and they can be "chained" easily with the natural moisture of human skin, so it doesn't matter what the beads are on, if they are not glossed with some artificial demiglaze.

As for the "purity" spoken of, this would be the clarity and saturation of its hue, i.e. how dark the color is and if it is consistent on the stone.

priscilla

Thank you all
yesterday night I tried to do a simple reading, and I guess the crystal worked well. I could focus more, and I feel my spiritual soul is developing.

linnie

priscilla said:
Thank you all
yesterday night I tried to do a simple reading, and I guess the crystal worked well. I could focus more, and I feel my spiritual soul is developing.
That's wonderful, Priscilla... I was at a crystal shop yesterday afternoon, where I was talking with a wonderful woman who selects the most perfect examples of each mineral... Some of her pieces are tiny, but they are more pure and perfect than others I've seen, and she herself said "I look for that extra spark or liveliness in my stones"... And that is exactly what makes a crystal or stone perfect for me... the vibrancy or spark within it... That may be due to its clarity, but, there is more to it than that... Say, for example, that you picked up a tumbled stone from a dingy little store that was full of new-age hype but was rather soul-less, run by someone who is on the latest bandwagon to make a fast $... Then, imagine that you picked up that VERY SAME stone from another shop, where the owner loves each and every crystal, and where the people who come to buy crystals all play with the crystals, sigh with delight, and appreciate the energy behind them... In every instance, I would say that the stone that lives in the happy, loving, yummy energy would be more fun to work and play with, and have more free-flowing essential essence, yes??? :) And there is power in that!!! :)

priscilla

I just realized that my amethyst bracelet change it's colour, is it normal since I use it for everyday use?
Thx

Guiding Cauldron

priscilla said:
I just realized that my amethyst bracelet change it's colour, is it normal since I use it for everyday use?
Thx

Yes this can happen, also sunlight will depleet an Amethysts color long term. Send a pm to Marina Costelloe she has written books on crystals and is a great go to person :)

Try her website http://www.crystalastrology.com

Of course you can talk to her around AT but for the life of me I cant remember her AT name right now!