Doing my first long distance reading! PLEASE help!

DoriHyphenKay

Can anyone please tell me your best tips for doing a long distance reading? I would really appreciate any tips as I am very nervous it is my first one! Thank you so much for any help you can give me!

Kat Moon

Can anyone please tell me your best tips for doing a long distance reading? I would really appreciate any tips as I am very nervous it is my first one! Thank you so much for any help you can give me!

I actually find long distance reads easier. You don't have a person there messing with your mojo lol.

Ground yourself, protect yourself, then deep breathe and do it. Practice makes perfect, do some exchanges here. It has really helped my skills

Saskia

Just do it like you would normally do it. You can now focus solely on the cards, no need to focus on the person around (unless it's a phone or video reading). If you know how to read, you'll know completely regardless whether the person is next to you or away. Just breath, focus on the question, focus on the person and you'll make it :)

Moonpaw

Some people require a legal name or photo of the person they're reading for to help them "connect". Is this something you've considered? Maybe having something solid to hold onto in your mind can help you read until you've figured out how your own personal method of long-distance reading "feels". Once you've done it a few times, you'll likely know if the reading feels normal and connected, with or without a name or picture.

Alternatively, you could go a different route and approach the reading as if you knew nothing at all about the client. I still do this sometimes if I'd like more base detail to work on: I'll pull a card or two just for the querent (or any other major players in the reading), to see where they're at and how they're feeling, and then move on from there to the main reading.

Mostly, though, it sounds like you've just got the normal first-time jitters. :) I bet you'll feel incredibly satisfied and proud of yourself once you've done your reading. Keep us posted!

DoriHyphenKay

Thank you!

I am so grateful for all your responses! I guess I should have been a little more clear, I was also nervous because this was my very first official reading for someone other than myself! I am so excited to report that it went great! The person said it was very enlightening, made sense, and gave her some guidance for her life right now! I am SO excited! I finally feel confident in my reading abilities! Thank you so much everyone!

Kat Moon

I am so grateful for all your responses! I guess I should have been a little more clear, I was also nervous because this was my very first official reading for someone other than myself! I am so excited to report that it went great! The person said it was very enlightening, made sense, and gave her some guidance for her life right now! I am SO excited! I finally feel confident in my reading abilities! Thank you so much everyone!

Congrats on your first reading!!! Big step there

DoriHyphenKay

Thank you so very much!