Dragon Tarot -- XXI The World

Kosjitov

From the Little White Book

XXI THE WORLD - A huge Dragon lies coiled around the World. Around it we see the four fixed signs of the zodiac, one for each of the four elements respectively.

Divinatory Meaning - Success, attainment.
Reversed - Fears, carrying the world on your shoulders.

There is something all too simple, and yet beautiful, about this card. In certain pagan practices, the call to mother earth to wake and heal is often called "Raising the Dragon", where they view the world as a living dragon. This picture certainly embodies such a practice's vision.

The World itself is marked by Taurus, Aquarius, Leo, and Scorpio (I think? I'm horrible at astrological stuff), each at a 90 degree angle from the center of the world. Two tall pillars reach between a world of lushness and space, with the World holding its own between them, but seemingly lightly supported by stray branches. A theme of interconnectedness from root to far branch runs through this image- a reminder that while the cycle ends it also begins anew- though not always at the same point we would expect.

Behind the world is seemingly a shadow in the distance, something my eyes have missed again and again. Is it perhaps a marker for alternate realities, different dimensions, or shadows of the paths we never took? Hmm. Food for thought.

G Dren

Revisited

Triple Name

Absolutum - Absolute (Metaphysical)
Adaptiatio Operis Magni - Adaptation of the great work
Omnipotentia Naturalis - Omnipotence of Nature

Water fall - The waterfall in the distance is pure white, signifying its purity. Light shimmers on the ground and hills as if through calm pooled water that we can’t see. All seems unnatural to us in the astral plane.
Purple - Cools the nerves. Self-esteem, spirituality, transformation, nobility, enlightenment.
Violet - holds an energy that is more refined or "elevated," corresponding with the Crown Chakra.
Hills – Leaving the idea of paths/binaries behind
Water – The idea of water is here but invisible, the removal/loss of dissolution.

Small Dragon - This small dragon is actually in front of the dragon encircling the Earth. This is your emerging Astral self free floating in the calm easy current of the astral plane. You are leaving all your material based woes behind. Alone you seem, but you are comforted by all. You’ve become pure of trust and have zero fears. You celebrate: and are at one with self, and others. From here there is nowhere you need to go and everything you will see. As the Dragon turns the earth on its tail like a music box dancer, you also dance in her current with her in celebration of this new oneness with the entire universe, being propelled by her centrifugal force, farther away to a whole new unknown adventure with the eyes of a child.

Elements - Leo = Fire | Taurus = Earth | Scorpio = Water | Aquarius = Air
These are the respective elements in their perfect states of balance.

The Breasts – Hidden in the dragons arm and Earth in a way, that together; seem to form a pair of breasts. The smaller breast seems to be feeding the Microcosm (Small World) and the larger feed the Macrocosm (Big World/Universe).

The Card - The beginning of the major Arcanum studies is not to unlike the very fast and faint (Pink Floyds “Roger Water” - The Wall opening side 1 record 1) “we came in.” this happens as soon as the track begins. And at the very end (last track on side 2 record 2) – last card of the Major Arcanum -“This is where” (I think this only happens on the Vinyl release, I could be wrong.), just like the serpent biting its own tail, we are locked on an endlessly turning evolutionary path. The dragon’s wings shield the Earth only allowing in or out what absolutely is needed for perfect balance. In the material world you are more aware of who you are, and taking responsibility for yourself.

What better: peaceful way; to say good-bye, than in a dance with all that we know and love, as we drift forth upon our new existence!

I had an epiphany and cried in happiness after writing this last sentence! I don't know why, but it affects me in a profoundly positive way!