Drawn to an unsual reading...

xoxo_iris

I have a spare deck that i don't normally use. today, my eyes brushed across the deck and at first i didn't really notice it, but then a strange feeling crossed me and it was as if i was drawn to the deck. I picked it up, asked it what it wanted to tell me, and shuffled. this is what came out:

1. Past Conditions:
Ace of cups
2. Present question:
nine of cups
3. future outlook:
eight of spears
4. best approach to the situation:
five of spears
5. the attitudes of others:
the sun (reversed)
6. challenges to be faced:
three of spears
7. final outcome:
six of cups (reversed)

normally, i look at the card at the very bottom of the deck and it was the four of cups (reversed).

i'm slightly confused because i feel as if this is something about my current love situation which has had me in deep thought for a while. i was wondering if some of you could help give me an unbiased interpretation of this reading..

thanks!

RiverSpirit

I'd be happy to help....but...

Why don't you tell me what you think this is telling you first card by card.... I believe it's in the posting rules too!

xoxo_iris

1. Past Conditions:
Ace of cups - i was really happy to be with him. he definitely brought a new light into my life
2. Present question:
nine of cups - i should just be happy. however, my happiness is definitely tainted right now because he and i shouldn't be together.
3. future outlook:
eight of spears - things are going to speed up in my life but i'm not sure how
five of spears - be competitive.
the sun (reversed) - i really can't put into words the feelings i get from this card but it's not a good one.
three of spears - the facts. we know we shouldn't be together
7. final outcome:
six of cups (reversed) - facing our fears of family?

it's the first time i picked up this deck in months and somehow it seems to relate but i'm skeptical because it's such a coincidence. i'm not sure how else i could relate it to my life...

RiverSpirit

Well it appears that perhaps you did have a question in mind, regardiing a rerlationship, I'm assuming
xoxo_iris said:
1. Past Conditions:
Ace of cups - i was really happy to be with him. he definitely brought a new light into my life
Past: New love, love at first sight...
xoxo_iris said:
2. Present question:
nine of cups - i should just be happy. however, my happiness is definitely tainted right now because he and i shouldn't be together.
Present QUESTION: You're questioning how content you are with this relationship.
xoxo_iris said:
3. future outlook:
eight of spears - things are going to speed up in my life but i'm not sure how
Future outlook: You're ready to make a move, and it's likely to move on...
xoxo_iris said:
five of spears - be competitive.
To end the relationship, it appears that there may be small battles/arguments between you both.... perhaps things that NEED to be said etween the two of you are being swept under the rug- nobody's talking about the white elephant in the room kinda thing
xoxo_iris said:
the sun (reversed) - i really can't put into words the feelings i get from this card but it's not a good one.
The sun is almost always a positive card, regarrdless if it's reveresed, but i feel inthis casee it may be saying that others know the sun is setting on this relationship.... and that's not a "bad" thing becaause you may find sympathy and support with others to help you get through this
xoxo_iris said:
three of spears - the facts. we know we shouldn't be together
I get the joy of success and independence you must realize in yourself
xoxo_iris said:
7. final outcome:
six of cups (reversed) - facing our fears of family?
All you will have are the memories, and rx sometimes a warning that there is some risk of being stuck in the past, hoping... don't do that
xoxo_iris said:
it's the first time i picked up this deck in months and somehow it seems to relate but i'm skeptical because it's such a coincidence. i'm not sure how else i could relate it to my life...

Just my 2 cents

Thank you for sharing

RiverSpirit

willowfox

Well, if this reading is about your current partner and your happiness then the future outlook is about changes that need to be made, so you need to fight for what you want here, bring some life into the affair as the challenge seems to be his uncooperative nature. His attitude is not the best either, probably hiding things from you and lying to you as well. The outcome suggests that you will remain unhealthily dependent upon him.

allecto

I'm not sure what deck you're using but if 3 spears is similar to 3 wands in RWS, then that's probably about making a decision to stay or go. Putting your plans into action rather than sitting on the fence.
6 Cups reversed to me suggests growing up, finding some new growth and independence (as hinted by the 9 cups - also about self confidence, I feel).