Dream help

SapphireGypsy

This one is a DOOZIE...I haven't had a dream full of so much stuff that could really MEAN something in long time so I could use some help cause I am not the best at interpreting...this dream was enough to make me start a dream journal though LOL Here goes

I can't pinpoint what exactly was the "beginning" of the dream but I know that I was with my best friend and we were going to this banquet that I KNEW an ex boyfriend of mine would be there ( just calling him an ex boyfriend is kind of unfair, because he was a friend first and moved out of State a few months ago and we had been in touch and talking all the time, and as of now I haven't heard from him in a over a month) ANYway I knew he was going to be there, I knew I was going to see him again and I was very nervous and excited and wanted to look fantastic so I was going through all my clothes getting the opinion of my friends. That was One portion of the dream

Another portion of it was that somewhere among all this getting ready to go I was sitting with my best friends cousin,Lucy, who I used to consider somewhat of a friend but did something that was REALLY VERY hurtful and inconsiderate to me and I find it very hard to be around her anymore. In the
Dream however we were sitting at what at first was this banquet thingy....but then looked more like a train station...like Grand Central almost with it being a high ceilinged building lots of people walking around and she and I were sitting on those wooden Long benches they have there. We were
sitting there organizing my tarot cards, and there was some young guy with dark hair sitting in the bench behind us who I got the feeling we supposedly knew. Then we were no longer at the "Train Station" thing we were back in the place where I was trying to find the great outfit for seeing
"HIM" again and she was messing with the Tarot Cards, My best friend was no longer a factor...she decided in anger and frustration that she didn't CARE about this certain event and certainly didn't want to see HIM so she put her pajamas on and left the room and I had to rely on Lucy to give me the
fashion opinion which she did, and I settled on something finally and we went back to organizing the Tarot cards. We were talking about this banquet and In the dream I remembered that last year at that time was when we were dating HE wasn't at the banquet last year cause he was out of town for
work. ( just a little bit of the REAL story is that I MET him around this time last year, end of July beginning of August....but when we were actually dating was after Christmas, January-March...There is not a whole lot of "Events" that go on then Jan-March but there IS a lot that goes on this time of year around here, outdoor festivals and stuff, and at one of the first
times I ever hung out with him was at one of these festivals LAST year...that might be important...I dunno)

As Lucy was putting the Tarot cards together she reached under this table and pulled out a ring..like a binder ring that you can hole punch notcards and put on there, and there were Tarot Cards hole punched and on there...some were ripped in half and they had been there for awhile as if all this time that I have been reading them I was missing some. Again in the dream I remembered that I had been aware that I didn't have all of them and thought oh one reading without all of them won't hurt anything, but then after a few months when I got them out to read them again I forgot I didn't have them all. Lucy then got ALL of them even the ones that were ripped in half and neatly put them in Plastic wrap to protect them for where we were going ( which was to the banquet)

The LAST and final portion of the dream was before the banquet I ended up back in a house....at first it was this ex's new girlfriends house ( whom he lives with now)...and I was walking around it TERRIFIED that they were home , it wasn't like I had trespassed, It was like it was okay for me to be there, but I was still very nervous that THEY were there and then all the sudden my sister came out of the back room and I relaxed because I realized it wasn't HER house afterall it was my house and there was no reason to be nervous about whether I was allowed to be there, and then I turned off all the lights (and I only mention that because there were like TONS of lamps to turn off) and then I got in my car and drove to the Banquet, and then I woke up.

Just a little MORE real life~

I don't know how to interpret it but I DO know that I said out loud last night that I WOULD have a dream that would clarify the state of the relationship between this ex and I ( friend or otherwise). Just since I consider him a best friend and I haven't heard from him in awhile

Help? please? someone? anyone?

Its appreciated
~Gypsy

SapphireGypsy

I see that no one has really jumped on this one :lol: Can't blame ya

Just the same I remembered another part of the dream so I will post it which was at the very end when I was turning all the lamps off I left on for HIM in case he got home before I did....so It was he and his girlfriends house, and then I relaxed and realized it wasn't their house it was my house...and then he was mine and HIS house.....weird?? I don't get it

~Shea

Sophie-David

Hi Shea

Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner, but I did put a watch on the thread. You're right, its not an easy one, but I'll give it a go.

I am thinking that there seems to be a lot of confusion in this dream: in particular the house seemed to be changing hands. I would hazard a guess that you still feel something for HIM or else you probably wouldn't have gone been excited about dressing up. But your feelings are confused too, just like the dream. You don't know where he stands, and therefore you're not quite sure where you stand. It sounds like you would at least like to remain friends with HIM, but HE probably finds it awkward to relate to someone with whom he used to have a romantic relationship, especially since he is now around HER.

The image of a house usually is an image of your own psyche - or someone else's. But there is great confusion about the house. Does the house now belong to HIM and HER, i.e. is SHE is in HIS consciousness rather than you? Or does HE still belong to you, i.e. in your consciousness? Well, clearly he is in your dream consciousness, but can he really be considered an intimate anymore? You seem very concerned about coming between them and perhaps feel you are in an embarassing position.

It is interesting that there was no real resolution to this dream. You never did get see him at the banquet, a place where you hoped to nurture your relationship. And your best friend in the dream had no desire to meet HIM. This could represent not only your best friend's feelings, particularly about you having future involvement with HIM, but an internal part of you who also is concerned. In fact it is only Lucy, who represents "the betrayer", who is actually supporting you in this attempt to see HIM, so that is not a good sign. But there again, maybe Lucy is feeling bad about her betrayal, I don't know.

The banquet which seems to be a train stations perhaps reflects a desire that if you could me HIM again then your mutual nurture would result in your train coming in, that the relationship would then be on the right track again. But the train (an image of the libido, the energy driving the psyche, not only sexual energy) never does come in. This particular instance of the banquet does not come to fruition.

The sequence with the damaged Tarot cards is puzzling. It seems to me that they are almost like an image of broken dreams. I'm not sure why Lucy is involved in this.

In any event, perhaps by now you have sorted this out, but I couldn't resist the challenge!

Cheers - David

rcb30872

Hi SapphireGypsy

I know that you have had lots of interpetations for this already, but I have done one, really speaking it was probably more for me than for you, I need the practice. I did find this a bit challenging, so I'm not entirely sure if it is right.

I can't pinpoint what exactly was the "beginning" of the dream but I know that I was with my best friend and we were going to this banquet that I KNEW an ex boyfriend of mine would be there ( just calling him an ex boyfriend is kind of unfair, because he was a friend first and moved out of State a few months ago and we had been in touch and talking all the time, and as of now I haven't heard from him in a over a month) ANYway I knew he was going to be there, I knew I was going to see him again and I was very nervous and excited and wanted to look fantastic so I was going through all my clothes getting the opinion of my friends. That was One portion of the dream

So, by the fact that you were getting dressed in the dream means that it is time for a change. By the fact that you were going through all your clothes and getting opinions from your friends indicates that you are not quite sure what the change it is, so I would imagine that you were trying the clothes on, so that would possibly indicate that you have a few ideas in mind and you are sorting them out to which one would be the better one to go for. But at the same time, the change might just be an outward change, are you really what you wear, or are you putting on a show to convince others? Friends appearing in your dreams indicate the need for you to explore the qualities that friends bring into your life, such as love, support, loyalty, comradeship and fun. They can also represent aspects of your own personality that you need to acknowledge more, perhaps you need to be a better friend either to yourself or to someone else.

Another portion of it was that somewhere among all this getting ready to go I was sitting with my best friends cousin,Lucy, who I used to consider somewhat of a friend but did something that was REALLY VERY hurtful and inconsiderate to me and I find it very hard to be around her anymore. In the
Dream however we were sitting at what at first was this banquet thingy....but then looked more like a train station...like Grand Central almost with it being a high ceilinged building lots of people walking around and she and I were sitting on those wooden Long benches they have there. We were
sitting there organizing my tarot cards, and there was some young guy with dark hair sitting in the bench behind us who I got the feeling we supposedly knew. Then we were no longer at the "Train Station" thing we were back in the place where I was trying to find the great outfit for seeing
"HIM" again and she was messing with the Tarot Cards, My best friend was no longer a factor...she decided in anger and frustration that she didn't CARE about this certain event and certainly didn't want to see HIM so she put her pajamas on and left the room and I had to rely on Lucy to give me the
fashion opinion which she did, and I settled on something finally and we went back to organizing the Tarot cards. We were talking about this banquet and In the dream I remembered that last year at that time was when we were dating HE wasn't at the banquet last year cause he was out of town for
work. ( just a little bit of the REAL story is that I MET him around this time last year, end of July beginning of August....but when we were actually dating was after Christmas, January-March...There is not a whole lot of "Events" that go on then Jan-March but there IS a lot that goes on this time of year around here, outdoor festivals and stuff, and at one of the first
times I ever hung out with him was at one of these festivals LAST year...that might be important...I dunno)

So, I would imagine Lucy in this dream would probably an aspect of your own personality that you need to acknowledge more, otherwise why would she be in the dream, even if she did do something really hurtful to you in real life? The most obvious symbol of a banquet in a dream would be that of bounty, are you enjoying a time of plenty in your life? What is so abundant? A railway station in a dream means that you’re about to move into something new in your life and leave the old behind, you may be leaving a relationship or moving into a new environment. A ceiling in a dream represents what is above you, the horizon or limit of a particular matter, since the ceiling is high it should be taken as a positive indication of your capacity to think or express yourself freely. The fact that there are lots of people in this train station in the dream highlights your feelings of being hemmed in and your need for space in which to express yourself. That is interesting, then this is saying that you can at least express yourself freely but at the moment you are/were in a situation where you feel that you can’t! I would say that your dream has your tarot cards in them would possibly indicate that you are impatient to gain knowledge or some future event. As for her messing with the tarot cards may indicate that part of you that resembles Lucy, or could matter of fact be Lucy, not really sure but still tending towards the part of yourself that resembles Lucy, would be messing, or in a sense affecting or even sabotaging, something that is due to happen in the near future, I am guessing the bit about the friend that has moved interstate that you have lost contact with over the last month, so I guess in a way, this may indicate that you may have done something, through this other aspect of yourself that has sabotaged the friendship or at least the communication, not really sure, but that is the feeling I get! I guess by the fact that you are sitting, would indicate that perhaps you are waiting or at least resting. So, I would imagine that your best friend would probably indicate another aspect of yourself as well, so this aspect of yourself was angry and frustrated with this whole meeting this guy, could be considered a release of hostility you actually have towards someone. At times we cannot express anger openly in our waking lives because we’re afraid to hurt someone, pay attention to this emotion as it indicates your true feelings towards someone or some situation. So, by the fact that the symbols represented in the train station says that you are capable of expressing yourself freely but at the moment you feel that you are in a situation where you can’t really express yourself, would be more than likely because of the situation with this person that you have lost contact that has moved interstate, that is what you are/were angry about.

As Lucy was putting the Tarot cards together she reached under this table and pulled out a ring..like a binder ring that you can hole punch notcards and put on there, and there were Tarot Cards hole punched and on there...some were ripped in half and they had been there for awhile as if all this time that I have been reading them I was missing some. Again in the dream I remembered that I had been aware that I didn't have all of them and thought oh one reading without all of them won't hurt anything, but then after a few months when I got them out to read them again I forgot I didn't have them all. Lucy then got ALL of them even the ones that were ripped in half and neatly put them in Plastic wrap to protect them for where we were going ( which was to the banquet)

I would have to definitely say that someone or some aspect yourself has been sabotaging things or your future by the fact that the tarot cards have been treated so terribly. I would say that the fact that you still have them in your possession, one way or another would probably represent, I don’t know – actions, emotions, thoughts etc – that you do without your knowledge, as they were hidden from you, that would sabotaging the situation or other circumstances. So by you going to the banquet with them, would somehow indicate that you are taking your “baggage” with you, and as the banquet is supposed to represent abundance, I don’t know how this can tie in together, but the feeling I get is not good.

The LAST and final portion of the dream was before the banquet I ended up back in a house....at first it was this ex's new girlfriends house ( whom he lives with now)...and I was walking around it TERRIFIED that they were home , it wasn't like I had trespassed, It was like it was okay for me to be there, but I was still very nervous that THEY were there and then all the sudden my sister came out of the back room and I relaxed because I realized it wasn't HER house afterall it was my house and there was no reason to be nervous about whether I was allowed to be there, and then I turned off all the lights (and I only mention that because there were like TONS of lamps to turn off) and then I got in my car and drove to the Banquet, and then I woke up.

So, the house represents your private life and emotions. So, I would say that the fact that you have had heaps of lights on in the house would indicate that you are aware of your emotions, and more to the point that you have been “enlightened”. I wonder if the lamps that you are talking about were old-fashioned in the dream, if that is the case then that would suggest that they are the symbols of wisdom and guidance from a spiritual source. You may finally find the truth in a situation or the answer to a personal issue that you have been searching for. The fact that you drove to the banquet from the house in the dream means that you have the desire to take control over your direction in life.

Bec

SapphireGypsy

Thank you so much for the interpretation....Just practice or not a lot of that struck something in me while reading it and it made a lot of sense so I think you were pretty right on. The fact is that the really hurtful thing that Lucy did has EVERYTHING to do with that ex boyfriend, so it makes a lot of sense that the pain & hurt that came with that whole situation because of Lucy WOULD effect the communication with him, because I felt decieved and disrespected by the BOTH of them really. Its hard for me to let go of that anger and hurt...but I'm trying.

so THAT above all really hit home! Thanks again
Shea