Dream: nightmare HELP!!!

rostie

i had a really strange but very scary dream this night. i was in my bedroom at home and it was very dark...i knew there was something there, something dark...at a certain moment the dark power took my spray from my bed when i was sleeping, i was not really scared and took it back and shouted he must go away...a time later i remebered a picture i once had drawn, a sort of devil for school...the picture came alive, the face, devilface at the place of my door, my room has only one door, first it was just a picture on the ground and then it changed, the eyes became read and in relief...not flat anymore, it laughed and firsted i didn't dare to leave my room because i had to walk over the face...at a certain moment i did and later i was back in the room, i shouted at it the dark power had to leave the room and it changed from place, it went to the window but didn't really leave...then i went to my bed again but then there was an evil child in my room, it didn't look really evil but it had some twinklings around her head i knew it was the same evil power at work...i knew i had to beat her...i ran away from the room on the stairs and then i fell from the stairs...but i didn't care i knew my body would fall and maybe i would be dead but my spirit would leave my body and fight against it...then the dream was over, i was wet all over my body ;) it was a really scary dream but at the time i had it i was not really scared...i wanted to fight against it, while otherwise with such dreams i always run away and don't dare to do anything...now i was stronger...but when i wake up from it i really was scared...

can someone help me with this...it was so alive...i want to know what is haunting me in my dreams...what it means...

thank you very much for your help!!!

with love,

sara.

HudsonGray

Nightmares come to all of us. Every parent I ever asked about 'children in danger' dreams said they had them frequently. Every waitress I asked about 'waitress dreams' said they had THOSE every week. Nightmares are all part of our lives.

The ones that stick with you after waking up usually are part of your own mind trying to deal with something it has a hard problem dealing with. Nearly all of it is stress based. Best way to find what it is all about is to think through what really bothers you in real life, or what just came into your life & see if there's a connection. The feeling of not being able to run away, that you have to 'tread' on it is significant. When the conscious mind actually does get hold of what might have caused the dream, it often is something not as big as what you thought. Remember, the subconscious dream mind works on it's own level & puts it's own priorities to the fore.

So really, any dream that sticks with you is worth looking at just to get peace of mind on something.

divinerguy

I'd try a cleansing ritual in your bedroom. Perhaps burning some white sage may help.

Might help, might not. Worst that can happen is that your room will smell like breakfast sausage.

divinerguy

firemaiden

First a disclaimer: as I posted in "Tarot Associations thread", I do not believe in spirits of any kind, but my dreaming mind doesn't care a fig about beliefs. Dreaming is dreaming, so...

This is the exactly the kind of bad spirit dream I was talking about . In opening ourselves up to psychic phenomena, we can become vulnerable to "visitations" from "bad spirits" as well as from good.

And so, even if we are just talking about a stressed imagination, I agree that some kind of cleansing ritual would help, or anything to ease your mind: for example what I do when I have these dreams -if I wake up- is to put on my boyfriends catholic cross, I call it "fighting the imagination with the imagination".

I also have also gone so far as to borrow my parents dog to protect the bedroom at night. (Thinking the dog can see spirits if there are any) (That also helped, but then, I couldn't sleep because I was worried about whether the dog was comfortable or not...)

Also, I agree, it is really good that you had the strength to fight him, and that you got him to go away!