Dream of talking dog

Strenght

I had a dream that left me puzzled, can you please help me to interpret it?

In the dream, there were a few people in a house that belongs to my long-term partner/boyfriend. I am not sure who they were, people he knew probably. I went to another room to get my bag (we supposed to be going somewhere) and a dog followed me. It was the family dog of my childhood, that died long ago. Our family loved this dog so much as did I, but it was very long ago.

The dog looked at me and it was friendly. I wondered why the dog had followed me and did not stay with the others. I kneeled to pet the dog and felt wistful, as I knew it was my old dog which had died. For some reason I thought the dog had a message to tell me, and I thought it might be able to talk, so I said simple words out loud, and the dog repeated them back, not easily, but the way it was learning to talk. I was so happily surprised about the dog's ability and then I "kissed" the dog (the way people "kiss" dogs sometimes, showing affection I guess). the dream ended there.

The dog was a dog all the time in the dream, just the ability to learning to talk was human. The atmosphere and the rest of the activity of the dream was rather "normal".

What does a dream of a your old dog talking to you, or a learning to talk, mean?

Thanks in advance!

violetdaisy

The first thing that came to mind is something about thinking of 7 impossible things before breakfast (Alice In Wonderland movie here).
Second - knowing you are dreaming and then trying to talk is incredibly difficult if it's not part of the script already (in my experience) and comes slowly and forced. So, it may be the same for animals as well - meaning that if they could talk it would be really difficult for them to do so in a dream outside of being like a spirit animal or something.

In this case the dog you had was here physically, on this plane and so his spirit may just be figuring out he can do things he couldn't do while he was here - speak our language. Dogs "talk" all the time - just not in words.

Out of curiosity, do you have animal(s) now? Are you looking to get one? Oddly I think this may mean if you're open to the idea the time is just about right to get a dog. The dog will probably choose you if you do this - going to rescues etc.

Not sure why on earth I am thinking this way this morning but I am; so I thought I'd share.

celticnoodle

dogs in a dream are generally good to see. It speaks of loyalty, protection and generosity among other things. I would believe it is saying that your partner is all these things to you and you are to him.

The dog can also be symbolizing your partner and apparently, he is very loving towards you and also loyal and protective. Since you felt very much at home in this place, I'd say the two of you are very happy and good for each other.

I see in the dream that you were very sweet, loving and gentle with the dog and teaching him to talk. I would guess that you are like this in life, too and perhaps are teaching children or others something with much patience and love. but, this is a kind of guess. I wonder if you are/were a teacher?

As for the dog talking to you-I had to google that and found this site here:

http://www.auntyflo.com/dream-dictionary/talking-animals

you may want to read it yourself. the end of the page mentions this about talking animals-

talking animals in your dream also means expression of oneself.

A really sweet dream though, I'd say. :) I love how you and the dog were very gentle and loving to each other. that really jumped out to me. :heart:

Strenght

dogs in a dream are generally good to see. It speaks of loyalty, protection and generosity among other things. I would believe it is saying that your partner is all these things to you and you are to him.

The dog can also be symbolizing your partner and apparently, he is very loving towards you and also loyal and protective. Since you felt very much at home in this place, I'd say the two of you are very happy and good for each other.

I see in the dream that you were very sweet, loving and gentle with the dog and teaching him to talk. I would guess that you are like this in life, too and perhaps are teaching children or others something with much patience and love. but, this is a kind of guess. I wonder if you are/were a teacher?

As for the dog talking to you-I had to google that and found this site here:

http://www.auntyflo.com/dream-dictionary/talking-animals

you may want to read it yourself. the end of the page mentions this about talking animals-

A really sweet dream though, I'd say. :) I love how you and the dog were very gentle and loving to each other. that really jumped out to me. :heart:

Hi Celticnoodle, thanks so much for your lovely interpretation! You really opened my eyes.
The dream has been on my mind all day, and I miss my dog!! It was as really sweet dream though as you said, and I feel lucky for having it.

Thank you for the link -- loved the information and it was helpful, putting my mind at ease.

Yes, my partner is very loyal and loving (loyalty in general is extremely important to him in all relationships; "loyal" would be the one word to describe him so yes (and yes, he is protective too :)), I believe the dog in my dream could represent him, symbolizing his loyalty, protection, love.

Yesterday I had problem about something and asked advice from my partner. He was able to solve it, and I felt happy for his help. Maybe this is one of the reasons why I had this dream?

I feel flattered that you saw me as teacher; I'm not, but learning is probably the key thing in my life, what most interests me. I work in the creative field. Yes, I am patient, very much so. I'm a huge animal lover, don't have animals right now mostly due to work-related commuting/travelling... but I think having them is not necessary to enjoy or communicate with them. Everything and everyone is free anyway, I don't think you can "own" anything or anyone who lives and breathes...

I think this dream is one that I will remember a long time - thanks so much again for your lovely input!

Strenght

The first thing that came to mind is something about thinking of 7 impossible things before breakfast (Alice In Wonderland movie here).
Second - knowing you are dreaming and then trying to talk is incredibly difficult if it's not part of the script already (in my experience) and comes slowly and forced. So, it may be the same for animals as well - meaning that if they could talk it would be really difficult for them to do so in a dream outside of being like a spirit animal or something.

In this case the dog you had was here physically, on this plane and so his spirit may just be figuring out he can do things he couldn't do while he was here - speak our language. Dogs "talk" all the time - just not in words.

Out of curiosity, do you have animal(s) now? Are you looking to get one? Oddly I think this may mean if you're open to the idea the time is just about right to get a dog. The dog will probably choose you if you do this - going to rescues etc.

Not sure why on earth I am thinking this way this morning but I am; so I thought I'd share.

Hi Violetdaisy, thank you for taking the time to reply! Your view is interesting, but I would be inclined to think that in this case my dog appearing was symbolic...
True, dogs and all animals have a language of their own, in life they do speak but not the same language than we do. We need to read their behavior, and try to figure out what they say. In this case the dog was learning to speak my language, which was fascinating, I wonder what would have followed if the dream had continued?

I love all animals, but don't have any of my own right now due to my schedule, irregular days, much travelling. I think it's ok, because you don't need to have any of your own to communicate and enjoy them.

celticnoodle

Hi Celticnoodle, thanks so much for your lovely interpretation! You really opened my eyes.
The dream has been on my mind all day, and I miss my dog!! It was as really sweet dream though as you said, and I feel lucky for having it.

Thank you for the link -- loved the information and it was helpful, putting my mind at ease.

Yes, my partner is very loyal and loving (loyalty in general is extremely important to him in all relationships; "loyal" would be the one word to describe him so yes (and yes, he is protective too :)), I believe the dog in my dream could represent him, symbolizing his loyalty, protection, love.

Yesterday I had problem about something and asked advice from my partner. He was able to solve it, and I felt happy for his help. Maybe this is one of the reasons why I had this dream?

I feel flattered that you saw me as teacher; I'm not, but learning is probably the key thing in my life, what most interests me. I work in the creative field. Yes, I am patient, very much so. I'm a huge animal lover, don't have animals right now mostly due to work-related commuting/travelling... but I think having them is not necessary to enjoy or communicate with them. Everything and everyone is free anyway, I don't think you can "own" anything or anyone who lives and breathes...

I think this dream is one that I will remember a long time - thanks so much again for your lovely input!

T.Y. for your fb. I'm so glad it made sense to you. I was thinking about this today as I was out grocery shopping. (your dream just stayed w/me because you saw it as your childhood dog). I wondered also if the dog came as your childhood dog because you had such love for him, like you do for your partner. So your childhood dog was the most appropriate symbol for your partner.

Yes, if this had been my dog and my dream, I'd also remember it always. :)

pumpkins

I had a dream that left me puzzled, can you please help me to interpret it?

In the dream, there were a few people in a house that belongs to my long-term partner/boyfriend. I am not sure who they were, people he knew probably. I went to another room to get my bag (we supposed to be going somewhere) and a dog followed me. It was the family dog of my childhood, that died long ago. Our family loved this dog so much as did I, but it was very long ago.

The dog looked at me and it was friendly. I wondered why the dog had followed me and did not stay with the others. I kneeled to pet the dog and felt wistful, as I knew it was my old dog which had died. For some reason I thought the dog had a message to tell me, and I thought it might be able to talk, so I said simple words out loud, and the dog repeated them back, not easily, but the way it was learning to talk. I was so happily surprised about the dog's ability and then I "kissed" the dog (the way people "kiss" dogs sometimes, showing affection I guess). the dream ended there.

The dog was a dog all the time in the dream, just the ability to learning to talk was human. The atmosphere and the rest of the activity of the dream was rather "normal".

What does a dream of a your old dog talking to you, or a learning to talk, mean?

Thanks in advance!
Okay! I would like to give it a shot!

I think you are reminded of a family dog(friend) who was loved by all, but died long ago..A dead dog/friend returning may be! The dog followed you means they are comfortable walking alongside. Both of you were talking but not able to understand each other. The person doesn't communicate the way you do but he will learn to reciprocate and surprise you! You will find it cute. Dogs have one language, humans use multiple means and languages to convey their messages. May be the dog will try to learn to convey the message so you can understand it but surely it's not their usual way of communicating. Are you a dog lover? Since it died along ago I think the spirit of this dog will try to communicate with you in some way! They find it hard but the msg will come through and find you well! Spirits have a sense of humor and they never stop surprising you! Have fun!

Strenght

Thank you, pumpkins for your feedback, and Celticnoodle, I am very pleased to hear that my dream stayed with you too :) When I first read your feedback I was like, "This is it", the pieces clicked and the picture was complete, and there was such familiarity in it. Thank you. :)

Pumpkins, you discussed a message and I think that too fits the picture. I might receive a message, or rather experience a deeper realization of something. It would maybe be happening between my partner and me, though... I believe my dog would be rather symbolic here, a symbol of unconditional love and loyalty. My partner is very much like that, we go back the longest time, we have always been there for each other, while other people's lives have taken a different route, etc.

It's been great being able to share this dream with you and hear your views, they have given me much to think about. Thank you again! :)