Dreaming about Ferrets

miss_apples

I can not find "ferrets" in any dream dictionary!

I dreamt basically that I lived in an apartment building that also was kind of a shopping center. I was in this one place that was selling a bunch of crafts and home decor stuff and she had a cage with birds and then another cage with ferrets in it and it didnt look like she really had the time to care for them properly. They were ok..but the bird kept being loud and bothering the ferret who was trying to give birth to baby ferrets. So I asked the woman if I could buy the ferrets from her. But she said I can only have the ferrets if I took the bird too! So I agreed and I took them both home and covered the bird so it wouldnt bother the ferret that was trying to have babies.

zorya

ferrets are very curious, think of the expression; to ferret out something. they also burrow, which makes me think this is about the inner you. an apartment building often represents the different parts of self.

wonder if you have the need to give birth to something creative (you were in a craft department), to explore your inner self, but are not finding the privacy or quiet needed to do so. the shopkeeper was not caring for the ferrets properly. maybe you are not nurturing your creative self properly. it's hard to do when you have to (must take also) care for others (the bird).

Orion

Hi Miss Apples:
To see a ferret in your dream, symbolizes distrust and suspicion of others. The dream may also be a pun on searching. Kind of an odd dream you had! Hope this helps out!

miss_apples

That would explain why I felt connected to the mother ferret in the dream. She represents me trying to do something and theres a noisy bird trying around who is disturbing me! I know exactly what this dream is about.

Its funny though because in the dream, even though the noisy bird was annoying...I still cared about it also.

HudsonGray

I wonder sometimes how things get applied to animals. A weasel is closely related to a ferret, and I'd go with that description for a weasel, but having owned domesticated ferrets, they can best be described as 'happy hyperactive two year olds on speed' so, as such, I guess that I have a totally different feeling about the domestic ferret than what Orion posted.

miss_apples

HudsonGray said:
I wonder sometimes how things get applied to animals. A weasel is closely related to a ferret, and I'd go with that description for a weasel, but having owned domesticated ferrets, they can best be described as 'happy hyperactive two year olds on speed' so, as such, I guess that I have a totally different feeling about the domestic ferret than what Orion posted.

Well you said hyperactive 2 year olds on speed, people who are on speed get paranoid and start distrusting and being suspicious of people right?

:)

HudsonGray

Ahh, but they're HAPPY while they're doing it! Ever see a ferret start dancing around throwing his body side to side with tail fluffed out, dooking away? They have two speeds--go and dead stop. You can't keep a garbage can unturned in their vicinity, no potted plants in their reach (they DO climb!) or any cupboards ajar at all. Everything will be pulled out and played with. "No!" just means "Do it faster!" in ferret!

zorya

the ferrets i've met were too curious to be distrustful and suspicious. :laugh:

miss_apples

zorya said:
the ferrets i've met were too curious to be distrustful and suspicious. :laugh:

Thats true. I do know however that most rodents like extreme privacy while giving birth. I know that mice will wait until the nighttime to give birth so that they are sure no one is watching them.

So the ferret may not have been distrusting but definatly frustrated by the bird was not allowing her to do what she needed to do!

HudsonGray

Rodents? Ferrets have fangs, they're carnivores related to mink, otters & skunks. Not rodents. Sorry. Though in the wild they are mostly noctournal, their eyesight is terrible, if you're standing 4' away they only see a blob. But their sense of smell is phenominal, they know when the box of raisins is on top the tv the moment they skid into the room.