Dreaming about wild animals

umbigo

Hello,

I dream a lot about animals, mostly domestic. But I had a bad dream last night. I was being chased by a black panter!

This is not unusual. Sometimes I dream about wild animals, lie wolves or lions. Once I dreamed about a wild bull!

In the dreams I am always scared to death, runnning away from these animals. In the end nothing happens. I wake up, or I win - last night I simply threw the panter out of my house!

Does someone know the meaning of this?

WinterRose

Animals of any sort often bring messages through our dreams. It's not uncommon for the animals you dream of running away from to be representative of your fears.

The Panther brings the lessons of power and expression. It also brings the gift of vision. But it also has the ability to look into the darkest part of the human soul. This cat, both literally and figuratively, knows the heart of man. Panther often appears bringing warnings of disaster. When Panther, Jaguar or Leopard appears, secrets are afoot. But it also brings a gift of sight. Therefore, Panther is both a shout of alarm, and a means of defence. The fact that you've dreamt about other, similar wild animals tells me that the Animals are desperately trying to tell you to be on your guard, and are offering you the strength (Bull and Lion), courage (Wolf) and the foresight (Panther) to deal with them. Rather than running, try listening for a change. Call upon these animals, and face your fears.

Milfoil

Without knowing the surrounding metaphors in the dream its difficult to say. Generally having a large predator chasing you would be message about not feeling able to face something. Something, an issue in your life, which seems overpowering or dangerous which you know you can't deal with without help.

It could also be a helping aspect which is chasing you down to make you face up to your potential.

What do Panther and black mean or suggest to you from your own experiences? We don't have panthers in the UK so to me they are an exotic animal, beautiful, to be respected but never think they can be a pet. Perfect in their own environment, grace, elegance, power . . . all these things come to mind when I think about Panther - what about you?

umbigo

Milfoil said:
What do Panther and black mean or suggest to you from your own experiences? We don't have panthers in the UK so to me they are an exotic animal, beautiful, to be respected but never think they can be a pet. Perfect in their own environment, grace, elegance, power . . . all these things come to mind when I think about Panther - what about you?

The panter makes me think about danger, but it is also a very beautiful and smart animal. I love cats.

lark

It sometimes means CAUTION...taking a careful look at something in your life before you proceed with it.