dreaming of shakespeare's the tempest

BrightEye

I dreamt of being inside shakespeare’s play the tempest. There were ariel, caliban and sycorax (caliban’s mother). I don’t know who I was but I was sycorax’s opponent. Was I prospero perhaps? Sycorax was a very powerful sorceress (as in the play) and she was very angry with me. I tried to make peace with her but she would have none of it. Eventually I said sth like ‘if you can’t love me (or if you won’t let me love you), destroy me’. And she did. She tore me to pieces. That was one version of the dream.

There was a second version. I was in a room with ariel and caliban. I was human, ariel a fairy and caliban a demon. But we were all equal despite our differences, and we were talking about that equality. It was somehow essential to our friendship. It was as if I was rewriting the play, taking out all the stuff about enslavement. And this friendship/equality was somehow needed before I could confront sycorax. I called her and she came but she was invisible and I was scared because I couldn’t anticipate what she would do, whether she would pounce on me and tear me apart again. She did pounce on me, but this time to kiss me. She gave me this really passionate kiss.

I don’t know what all this was about, but ariel and caliban looked like some of the characters in my Sola Busca tarot. I did two powerful readings just before going to be. The deck really spoke to me. The second one was about me and it gave me disturbing message that I couldn’t quite figure out and therefore felt I couldn’t anticipate. Could the dream relate to the reading?