Dreams about killing ... others

aeonx

Greetings.
My best friend is having these dreams where she's killing people. So far she has only been killing people from other races (she's white, European). She kills them in different ways, from using knives to shooting. I'm not sure how she feels during and after these dreams, but I'll ask her. Any opinions?

PS: My sister-in-law said that maybe my friend is getting rid of sides of her personality... Sounds logical really. :)

isthmus nekoi

for a Jungian slant on things

aeonx> b/c of colonialism and the consequent rise of nationalism, I would say 'race' representing the Other would be a point to ponder here. I'd venture to guess that the cultural Other/colonized represents Jung's Shadow archetype (explanation in the other killing dreams thread) which fits into the killing off sides of her personality interpretation. However, I must add that you can't get rid of Shadow! Usually, in the younger years, Shadow is 'killed' so that the child Ego can say: I am basically a good person. Later on in life, Shadow is slowly integrated into consciousness which is for most ppl, a long and gradual process which may include killing dreams...
----
okay, as for the threatening bears (in the hunting bears thread), I'm not familiar w/the symbol, but this could be another Shadow representation, esp since it needs to be killed and is an animal (primitive force). Having said that, every symbol or archetype has its light and dark side.

aeonx

isthmus nekoi: thanx for your reply. I have to consult my friend on this. :)

SherryZoned

I do not do dream interpretation at all...When I read your post about a friend killing off other races....My first thought is that with all the terrorism, war, middle east conflict maybe that is her way at lashing out about all of this and dealing with it...

isthmus nekoi

you're very welcome, aeonx! Sorry for lumping the 2 dreams together - I was being lazy :p