Dreams of Birth and Death (Poll Question)

Queen Hippolyta

I want to ask if any of you all have heard this before?

A relative of mine once told me.......

When you dream of a birth of a baby then someone is going to die.

When you dream of someone dying then someone is either pregnant or going to give birth.

How many have heard this?

Milfoil

Yes, I have heard this before too.

celticnoodle

Yes, I too have heard this. however, it has not worked out to be true in my family. the year my granddaughter was born (April 2008) no deaths. nothing from years before and nearly a year after before there was a death.

then, that's the other thing. my dad died in October 2008, no pregnancies since the above granddaughter---and THAT pregnancy began in July 2007! but, I am waiting....................patiently...................................

edited to add to this:

I did have a dream where I met my above granddaughter before she was born. my daughter was expecting her and both I and my mother and the baby's paternal great grandmother (also a psychic) all had visits from this baby. I had a few visits by her. the great grandmother only got to hold the baby in her 'dream' and didn't recall the sex of the baby, though both my mother and I knew this baby would be a baby girl. first girl born into this family (on fathers side) in 3 generations. so everyone just KNEW it would be a boy--including the doctor our daughter had, as she 'carried' like she was going to have a boy. :laugh: but, mom and i were right! :D

and, like red says, dreaming of a birth is more apt to be a sign of a new project or something new coming to be.

poivre

Yes, I've heard this
BUT didn't work for me.

I had a dream one night of a baby...
the face of the baby kept getting larger. I could see the face as if it was real.
Soon my daughter told me she was pregnant and the baby look just like the dream...no kidding...never forgot it.

More than five years later..

Last September, I had a family member die...
no one is pregnant yet... almost a year.

:)

Nytebugg

never heard of it.

I keep having baby/pregnancy dreams and have been for the last year or so. so far no deaths in my family.

the time when there was a death I knew for weeks before that something bad was going to happen to a male in my family but i guessed on the wrong person. I never had any dreams of either birth or death before the event. Just more of an overwhelming sense of something not being right.

214red

no i havent heard of it, i heard that births were about new starts, projects...very much like aces