Duplicate Card

Emuishere

I just got The Manga Tarot by Selena Lim and I looked through the cards. For some reason I got two 'The World' cards. Do I take one out? or is it 'meant' to be there as a message? I'm not sure what to do ^^;

thx
Emuishere

wind

This is just a mistake, it happens sometimes. Look through all the cards - it might be that some of other cards is missing and world is double. You can count the cards, if there are 78, that means that you have two worlds, but one of the other cards is not there.

Emuishere

thx :) i have 79 cards so it must just be a spare. What should I do with it?

rota

it is now your favorite manga bookmark!

(having an extra is much better than coming up one card shy of a deck, right?)

SunChariot

Yes to both questions. Yes I would remove it from the deck and not use it. If you continue to use it, that will mean that card has a 50 % greater chance of coming up than any other card (as there would be two of them) in the deck, and that would prejudice your readings in favour of that card.

And yes, imho, it is a sign. The universe sends us signs in all kinds of ways. Take a good look at that card and at what it means to you. There is a message in there that the universe sent to you and wants you to think about.

And of all the cards to get a duplicate of: The World! It's like telling you that your Tarot readings will bring such deep beauty and meaning to you and help you create of your life the best of all worlds. Hey I know my cards have done that for me. :grin:

You can do whatever you want with the card, even frame it and hang it above your place where you read to remind yourself that you live in a universe where higher powers send us signs and communicate with us through Tarot cards. :heart: :grin:

Bar

Emuishere

thankyou so much!! The World does mean a lot to me, and in a personal reading I have done it had a significant part :)

ravenest

2 worlds

Also called The Universe in the Thoth deck. - THE world ... also YOUR world.
The world we create for ourselves. Alternate Universes.

We can change and adapt our world, we can try to master it or we can be slave to it and its circumstances.

I see a strong message that you can change your world and circumstances, there is another world waiting for you.

Emuishere