Dynamic Majors 3-Card Spread

nodntap

Dynamic Majors 3-Card Spread

Do a simple 3 card spread (or however many cards you want to use). Lets make it easy and go with a 'Situation, Challenge, Outcome' 3-card spread.

Stack #1 ... Stack #2 ... Stack #3
Situation .. Challenge .. Outcome

Shuffle, cut, and lay the first three cards out.

Then in order to see the 'bigger picture' start with stack #1. Draw cards and set below Stack #1 until a Major comes up.

Stack #2 - draw cards and place them below Stack #2 until a Major comes up.

Stack #3 - draw cards and place them under Stack #3 until a Major comes up.

Note: You may end up with a Major on a Major for some stacks. That's ok.

Read: Read the spread integrating the 3 Majors with the original 3 cards that came up and by adding the dynamics of the 'number of cards' that came up under each stack (see below).

Example:
Stack #1 ... Stack #2 ... Stack #3
Situation .. Challenge .. Outcome

First 3 cards laid out (Radiant Rider Deck):
King of Pents .. Queen of Cups .. 6 of Wands

Then - looking for Majors;
8 of Wands ..... Magician ....... Ace of Swords
8 of Swords ........................ Knight of Pents
The Emperor ....................... Page of Swords
........................................ To many more cards (a total of 15 cards) - to type out, LOL
........................................ The Star

So we end up with the following;

Stack #1 ....... Stack #2 ....... Stack #3
Situation ...... Challenge ...... Outcome

King of Pents .. Queen of Cups .. 6 of Wands
The Emperor .... The Magician ... The Star

There are any number of ways you can use/integrate the 3 Majors into the reading and any number of ways you can read them. You can also chose to read the other cards that came up between the 1st card and the Major in each stack. I'll leave that up to you.

Note #1: You can use any position meanings you want - Past, Present, Future - Mind, Body, Soul - etc.

Note #2: Because of all the cards that came out under Stack #3 - The Outcome - I would say the Outcome is very uncertain despite the fact that the 6 of Wands and The Star are very positive cards. If you read elemental dignities the 6 of Wands is ill-dignified in the original 3 cards and the Queen of Cups is a bit weak so having all the cards come out under stack #3 just adds to the ill-dignified effects of the 6 of Wands and weakens the effects of The Star.

It might read like so for the Outcome:
6 of Wands [ID] - you won't be successful
The Star [Very Weak] - and your hopes and aspirations will be crushed.

Just in case you are interested here are all the cards that came up under Stack #3.

Outcome (ID = Ill-Dignified, [W] = Weak)
6 of Wands ........... [ID]
Ace of Swords ...... [W]
Knight of Pents ...... [ID]
Page of Swords ..... [W]
Queen of Swords .. [W]
3 of Pents ............. [ID]
King of Swords .... [W]
2 of Wands .......... [W]
6 of Cups ............. [ID]
Queen of Wands .. [W]
9 of Wands
10 of Swords
5 of Swords
3 of Cups
The Star

As I said - the outcome appears to be very uncertain but I didn't read all the cards and if I did so I might change my mind. NAW, LOL.

Dynamics
It's important that you pay attention to the dynamics of the spread and the number of cards that come out under each stack. If a single card comes up and it's a Major then it will be very strong in the reading. If on the other hand the Major - like The Star in my example - is separated from the main card by a bunch of cards it will usually be very weak.

Rule of Thumb
The further away the Major gets from the main card the weaker it gets. In the example The Magician would be the strongest Major because no other cards separate it from the Queen of Cups. Next powerful would be The Emperor, and then The Star - which would be the weakest of the three Majors.

Don S.