Eastern European Oracles?

NightWing

Has anyone here ever come across an oracle deck that featured the spirits, goddesses, gods, heroes, and general pagan mythology of the "eastern Slavs"? Those are the peoples of Ukraine, Belarus, and Russia. There seem to be many western European decks, especially of a Celtic flavour, but what of eastern Europe, designed and depicted by eastern Europeans?

Thanks in advance for any information you might have to share!

baba-prague

I've replied in more detail to your post in Tarot Decks, but I just remembered to say that there is a deck of playing cards (NOT Oracle cards) featuring Slavic mythology. Later today I can find the reference, but I think it's probably listed in Roger Sommerville's playing cards site.

zorya

no i haven't, but if you run into any, please let me know! as you might guess by my forum name, i would be personally interested. :D

Kyrielle

There are a couple of Russian icon-style Tarots (Tarot of the Golden Tsar - I think that's the name of one) that have a little mythology in them - the Firebird and such - along with a lot of Christian influence. The Kalevala Tarot is Finnish, dealing with that epic, and is well done, but that probably falls into Scandinavian.

No oracle decks that I can think of. That's as close as I can come.

Kyrielle