Edging Deck Disaster

lilylilac

In suggestions I saw in other threads I edged my decks in a Krylon Silver Leafing Pen
That I specifically went out and got because others said that it worked really well.

Edged my deck, let it sit for an hour or two, picked it up,
and it all came off all over my hands.

My deck is a mess, and I'm not sure I can even get this off my hands.

I'm furious.

What's worse is I have no choice but to reapply to the entire deck, and then I guess I'll let it sit for a day or two and pray to the universe that it stays on this time.

I certainty can't leave my deck like this. My skin is burning where it's stained in.

DO NOT BUY KRYLON LEAFING PENS. What a nightmare.

12doggiepaws

I trimmed my Sun and Moon Tarot and thought it will look nice with a silver edge. So I tried the artist card with a Silver Ink Pad from I purchased from the craft store. NO...didn't dry well. Rubbed off everywhere. So.... I just used a Stazon black ink pad.

Can you rub it off with a damp piece of paper towel?

Nemia

Try nail polish remover. One by one, using a tiny amount, wipe the excess off with cotton swabs or cosmetic paper, then put the cards on a towel to let the remover dry.

The simpler the nail polish remover, the better. Nothing fancy with almond oil etc! Simple aceton. If you can get straight aceton, even better.

lilylilac

Thankyou so much for your kind responses. I will try those things.

Your replies are much appreciated.

Nemia

Let us know what happens :)

PS: one reason it didn't work for you may simply be the material of the card. Papery, unlaminated cards are easier to edge but more difficult to fix. Laminated, more plasticky cards don't absorb ink as well but are more easily cleaned.

It's always worthwhile to try first with the extra cards nearly every deck has and only then continue.

How do I know that....? Hrrr-hm, don't ask!

G6

Try nail polish remover. One by one, using a tiny amount, wipe the excess off with cotton swabs or cosmetic paper, then put the cards on a towel to let the remover dry.

The simpler the nail polish remover, the better. Nothing fancy with almond oil etc! Simple aceton. If you can get straight aceton, even better.

I'm not sure about nail polish remover or wetting them. On the cards edge if excess liquid is used you risk water damage. I've had this happen applying damp paper towel. Be careful.

Nemia

That's why I said a tiny amount. Acetone dries up nearly immediately.

lilylilac

Let us know what happens :)

PS: one reason it didn't work for you may simply be the material of the card. Papery, unlaminated cards are easier to edge but more difficult to fix. Laminated, more plasticky cards don't absorb ink as well but are more easily cleaned.

It's always worthwhile to try first with the extra cards nearly every deck has and only then continue.

How do I know that....? Hrrr-hm, don't ask!

It's the Shadowscapes, the silver finally seems to be sticking, (it's now been about 4 hours)
I noticed that even when seeming "dry" it would still wipe off the front with enough pressure.
It was just the mass amount of transfer from picking them up that seemed alarming to me.

I would guess they fall into the more plasticky catagory.

I think I mostly just panicked because it's my favorite deck and I was worried I ruined it for a moment, but it seems to have come out alright in the end.

Part of me wants to retouch the spots where the silver is thinner from picking them up, and part of me is like, "it's fine... besides, it can only get worst from here."

AJ

when I've edged or primped my decks I leave each card out to dry at least 12 hours, sometimes more if the faces were heavily primped.

sorry about your experience.

lilylilac

Update:

After 7 hours, and it's still transferring, I gave up and started rubbing them with a towel.
This has caused all the shine to leave the cards and left them a dirty gray color.

Best part is, the silver is still transfering somehow even though it doesn't exsist anymore.

The backs are ruined, the sides are ruined.

Very angry, very sad.