Elf Tarot

Insomnia Turtle

Heh, spoken like a true artist :) (refering to your comment on attention span). May I ask how many decks you have started and put aside for the time being?

I like your work. Are these sketches? Or are the actual cards going to be in graphite?

patter

I will work them in stronger contrast, then... not sure. That might be enough work without thinking about inking...

patter

Just posted strength -- ;already ruined the pattern as it is not square - may have to add paper to the bottom to 'square' it.

DarkChild

i just saw your sketches!! they're awsome..i like them a lot...
are you going to put them in colour, or leave them in pencil? i think they would look really nifty in colour.

rota

This is a very promising bunch of composition sketches! I hope you'll have the fortitude to carry on to the finish.
But, the light grey graphite makes the images seem rather tentative. You might consider turning them into something graphically stronger, such as a linocut or pen-and-ink. I also think that the card image template you're using for your Art Deco Tarot idea would work for you here: you could combine your images digitally with an Elf Tarot frame, which would unify them as a group.
Fine work so far.

patter

Thanks for looking in. I eventually plan to paint these images on acrylis, but not in colour. I quite like the square shape but I am not sure what to do about the cards -- fit them on normal cards, stay square? I quite like the idea of square cards as this would provide 4 possible orientations...

patter

new card -- chariot

DarkChild

i really like the revised fool, and chariot!!!...i like the sound of painting them, i think it will really nice when it is all complete...
i like the idea of leaving them square, i think by fitting them on normal cards you would lose **whats the word im looking for..**
i think you would those somthing, not sure quite what it is, but i shouldn't be lost. i think if you put them on square cards they would look really good.

patter

Thanks for having a look Darkchild! I will try and get disciplined and finished cxards 0-5 in t he next little while.