Ending Relationship Spread

Lady Amalthea

Hi all,
I'm still somewhat new, both as a forum member, and to tarot. To give a bit of a backstory to this spread, I tend to prefer more of a freeform style to my readings, so seeing everyone's wonderful spreads and combinations is such a treat! (Also, I can't make CC work to save my life!). Most of my spreads function like conversations with the cards; questions followed by a portioning out of the "right" feeling number of cards (usually three, sometimes up to five) However this spread popped into my head in it's entirety just before I began a reading about a particularly troublesome ending to a long friendship. This would be equally relevant for disagreements/breakups between couples as well as friends.

Here goes!

*****1*******6*****
***4*5*2***9*10*7***
*****3*******8*****

****11**12**13******

The two top groupings are for each party involved (in my case, two) I call them the "what's the deal with so-and-so?!" part

#'s 1 and 6 are/were the current state each party was/are in (where it started)

2 and 7 is how both parties dealt with it in the beginning

Like most problems things change/take on a life of their own, 3 and 8 show how things progressed/degraded

4 and 9 are the end results, the close of a circle, as it were.

That leaves 5 and 10 as the central fixtures: these represent what each party was hoping to achieve/gain in as a person. Being centered in each person, it represents dreams, aspirations, hopes, goals etc. It is often from this that the top cards (1 and 6) spring from (as in they're not achieving the goal of the center card)

11-13 at the bottom is a three card spread usually to the tune of "why didn't it work out?" or "Why did it end?"

Clarifying cards can be added to the bottom three, but usually I've gotten enough advice that I don't need to follow up.

I hope this helps. I also hope this isn't too similar to anyone else's spreads. If it is too similar please let me know as this has really worked for me and credit should go to the right person.

Crystelle

This is a great spread! I like the progression and the "total view" of the relationshio, the people involved and then the relationship as an individual entity!

Pique Dame

I found this spread buried in the depths of the archives (thanks to a Google search for spreads dealing with this topic). I gave it a try and it seemed to work fairly well! It doesn't specify which party is which circle, but I was operating under the assumption that the one on the left was "her" and the one on the right was "him" and the cards, for the most part, seemed to indicate the same, but I'm not 100% sure. Thank you for creating it, Lady Amalthea.