Enlightenment & Tink's exchange thread

Tinkerbel

My Q

Would love to know what positive developments will come into my life next? :)

Enlightenment23

Yay! Happy Almost Birthday. Not-so-yay for your mini-freak out though. Let's see what the cards have to say. I think it's a good question :)

Deck: Rider Waite

What's been blocking Tink from finding an equal, loving relationship? The Hermit, The 7 of Swords, 2 of Wands

These cards read so loud and clear to me.

I know it sounds cliche, but one of the blockages seem to be that you've isolated yourself into a little bubble - a bubble of men who are unsuitable for you. I'm not sure where you've developed your social circles, but if, for example, you're only finding yourself going to work and coming back home, you're stuck with just mingling with your co-workers. You've limited yourself to .00000000000000001% of the male population when there's so much more to explore beyond your own space.

And I think there's a part of you that feels safe and sound in not being in a relationship. There's no shakeup, there's no inconveniences. I do believe you enjoy your own company. The Hermit loves carving himself away from society and their nonsense. "People are annoying, anyway" a Hermit would say.

The 7 of Swords totally speaks to me as well. You're self-sabotaging a lot of relationships that almost formed into something more. This is the "lone wolf" card, where you'll find somebody slinking away from love - escaping it! But the funny part is that this person is not honest/forward with their love interests - they either escape by ignoring calls and texts or by finding different ways to sabotage the relationship.

You don't do this consciously though. It's like deep down inside, you just want to slip away and run free.

Lastly, the 2 of Wands tells me that you've just been to unsure and hesitant about a lot of guys. You've stuck in this state of, "Should I? Would I? Is he worth it? Should I go for the jump?" So much so that you never really end up making any big moves in love that could materialize into something special. But I also think that, as Maya Angelou said, "love is never confused." If that person was really meant for you, you wouldn't be 7 of Swordsing out of their lives to begin with. ;)

I asked my tea leaf fortune cards, "What action should Tink take to find her equal loving relationship ASAP?" I got this: Firecracker, Lily

Interesting. Two cards came up together.

On the Firecracker card, the words "excitement" are written on it. And for Lily, the words "spiritual love."

I wouldn't freak out if I were you. Looking at your previous cards, for the most part, you haven't found anyone yet just because you haven't found the right one yet. Excitement tells me that you'll find your equal partner in the places that excite you and invigorate you to most. Something that electrifies a shock in you in enjoyment. Is it a concert? Is it a comedy show? Is it going to an amusement park? Think about it.

Secondly, what is missing from the men in your life - past and present - is "spiritual love." I think this is someone that knows how to be your hero and carry you into a more beautiful, settling place in life (mentally and physically). He genuinely cares about you much deeper than just attraction and sex, he truly wants to "save" you and connect with your mind and soul. :)

Thanks again lovely! Onto your reading now <3

Hm, revisiting those cards again, I see that I was looking at them from your perspective, but perhaps this is from your former love interests' perspective. So perhaps you have a tendency to attract men men who are "Hermity" in nature, meaning they enjoy a lot of alone time and are comfortable not seeking a partner.

The same thing goes for the 7 of Swords - As you say, you might unfortunately get the guy who likes to sneak away and not be up front about his intentions.

The 2 of Swords, again, could be from the guys' perspective - you might be connecting with men who are always stuck between a rock and a hard place. They can't decide whether they should take that leap and be in a serious relationship, or stay "safe."

Also, tell those people who ask about why you don't have any kids to mind their own business! Lol. Or simply say just haven't found the right one yet. I mean I can't stand those intrusive questions because I think about what if the woman is infertile and they trigger her to become upset because it's such a touchy issue? Seems to be such an insensitive question to ask. The pressure from society to have kids and get married is ridiculous, really. Let women breathe! Lol.

Okay, rant over haha.

Enlightenment23

Sure thing! Using a different deck for variety this time. Shadowscape Tarot

Strength* 2 of Cups* 7 of wands

Elementally wise the 2 of cups is ill-dignified between 2 fire cards. I always read ill-dignified cards as that energy being blocked. So this means that SS won't be taking any action towards you. For now he's not looking to revisit an emotional connection between you. As to the reason why Strength and the 7 of wands are answering that question. SS is applying inner strength to not go down the path of the 2 of cups. He feels that restraint is needed when it comes to you. I wonder if to him there was an issue of feeling like he wasn't worthy enough? Was he very insecure and saw you as the more intelligent and stronger one? If that was the case then I feel that he is still needing some healing in order to grow beyond that issue for himself. The 7 of wands is reiterating Strength, he's staying put where he is for now and is dealing with some inner battles of his own believe systems.

I also asked my Kipper cards to reveal what positive occurrence will happen for you next:

Family room

Looks like you will enjoy spending time with close friends and family :) Perhaps your feeling of frustration will dissipate and make room for accepting of what is right now. I think that you will start feeling less 'chased' and more serene soon :)

Thank you for this!

I can feel that this is very well-interpreted. Last year, SS reached out to me on FB, but I didn't bother entertaining it. I haven't spoken to him in many years. And though I have no issues with him as a person, I don't want to risk going down "that road" again lol.

I believe you're spot on. Strength is something I see when people maintain their self control and suppress their desire for contact. I believe we were both insecure I guess. I didn't do SS any favors in helping boost his self esteem, I admit. I was always unsure about our relationship - about whether I wanted to stay or not, until I dumped him.

Anyhow, that family time seems so needed! I can use some friend and family socializing for sure. Thanks a lot Tink. I'll get to your Q soon.

Tinkerbel

Hm, revisiting those cards again, I see that I was looking at them from your perspective, but perhaps this is from your former love interests' perspective. So perhaps you have a tendency to attract men men who are "Hermity" in nature, meaning they enjoy a lot of alone time and are comfortable not seeking a partner.

The same thing goes for the 7 of Swords - As you say, you might unfortunately get the guy who likes to sneak away and not be up front about his intentions.

The 2 of Swords, again, could be from the guys' perspective - you might be connecting with men who are always stuck between a rock and a hard place. They can't decide whether they should take that leap and be in a serious relationship, or stay "safe."

Also, tell those people who ask about why you don't have any kids to mind their own business! Lol. Or simply say just haven't found the right one yet. I mean I can't stand those intrusive questions because I think about what if the woman is infertile and they trigger her to become upset because it's such a touchy issue? Seems to be such an insensitive question to ask. The pressure from society to have kids and get married is ridiculous, really. Let women breathe! Lol.

Okay, rant over haha.

Lol the tarot seems to have a lot to say about this guy ;) but yes, it does ring true switching the perspective. Although I do feel that I'm in the 2 of wands phase as well, trying to decide if a relationship si even the right timing with having so much on my plate :s Thanks so much for the clarifying thoughts! By the way I usually say to those over curious people why they Do have kids?! lol ;)

Enlightenment23

Would love to know what positive developments will come into my life next? :)

Sure thing ;)

Decided to do a mix this time.

RWS, Urban Tarot (UT) and Bright Idea (BI)

The King of Wands (RWS), King of Cups (BI), and 9 of Pentacles (UT)

For the first card, I asked, "In what area of Tink's life will the next positive development occur?" And the other two describes how this will affect you positively.

The words that I am getting from the King of Wands, intuitively, is "leadership" and "new responsibilities." Within the next month or so, I think you will find yourself in a new role - perhaps in your career or studies - where you are taking on a senior, managerial, leadership position.

I think this is shadowed by the King of Cups here, which is called "Controlling/Restraint" in the Bright Idea deck. It shows a female officer doing a great job at controlling a crowd protesting something. Here's a photo for your reference:

60303437c1950ff5340a5b8f4eb33544.jpg

I think the 9 of Pentacles shows a feeling of, "Wow, all this hard work was worth it." I see woman sort of reveling and basking in the fruits of her labor, enjoying the niceties of life. I see good signs of your finances treating you very well! :)

My Q: I am planning to go on a trip to Turks and Caicos in May for my birthday! I'm turning 26. But I can't decide which island to stay on - Providenciales or Grand Turks.

Can you tell me which island me and my friend R would enjoy the most?

Tinkerbel

Sure thing ;)

Decided to do a mix this time.

RWS, Urban Tarot (UT) and Bright Idea (BI)

The King of Wands (RWS), King of Cups (BI), and 9 of Pentacles (UT)

For the first card, I asked, "In what area of Tink's life will the next positive development occur?" And the other two describes how this will affect you positively.

The words that I am getting from the King of Wands, intuitively, is "leadership" and "new responsibilities." Within the next month or so, I think you will find yourself in a new role - perhaps in your career or studies - where you are taking on a senior, managerial, leadership position.

oeh I love it! I'm actually thinking of applying for another job. I'm bored with the one I have (its a parttime job besides my PhD). I don't feel that I have much more to learn in that position and I saw a vacancy for a job that offers more career growth and better pay! :) So hopefully the KoW is showing that I'm applying to this job like a king :)

I think this is shadowed by the King of Cups here, which is called "Controlling/Restraint" in the Bright Idea deck. It shows a female officer doing a great job at controlling a crowd protesting something. Here's a photo for your reference:

60303437c1950ff5340a5b8f4eb33544.jpg

Great, so it looks like I will be able to handle a lot of work thats coming way :)

I think the 9 of Pentacles shows a feeling of, "Wow, all this hard work was worth it." I see woman sort of reveling and basking in the fruits of her labor, enjoying the niceties of life. I see good signs of your finances treating you very well! :)

I could do with a spa session ;) I'm trying to get myself to a better financial position so it seems that these cards are pointing to good opportunities, yay! Thanks so much <3

My Q: I am planning to go on a trip to Turks and Caicos in May for my birthday! I'm turning 26. But I can't decide which island to stay on - Providenciales or Grand Turks.

Tinkerbel

That sounds like an amazing plan! :) Ok lets see

Cards for Providenciales (Shadowscape): The Lovers*5 of wands*The World Plus nr 18 Kipper Card Child

Cards for Grand Turks (Joie de Vivre): Justice*King of Wands*2 of Coins* Plus nr 11 Kipper Card Sudden Wealth

Ok to me it looks like Grand Turks will be the best pick :) but lets go through the cards

For P the cards seems to point to the fact that you both or one of you is/ are struggling to choose this option. I don't think you (both) see P as offering the best activities/ nature etc. and this is causing some inner struggle to get through. I think the 5 of wands is also showing that certain bookings won't be arranged well if you decide to go for P. The foxes in this card are obstacles and you will need lots of energy to get everything right. The World signifies that you will conclude this option in the end that it won't be the best choice. Now the Kipper card is a bit tricky cause this card can show a new beginning or being in touch with your inner child. However because of the 5 of wands I'm gonna take the meaning literal as an answer to your question. You and R will therefore enjoy island P "a little".

For GT you and R seem to be more aligned about what the island has to offer with Justice showing a balance in your analyses. The King of Wands certainly offers adventure and excitement that you will be able to enjoy :) The 2 of Coins feels like there is so much to do that you might actually feel like you won't have enough time to do everything. So if this is the option you will choose perhaps do a little bit of planning of what def to see and what to skip :)
Kipper Card Sudden Wealth can be interpreted as "a lot" so it looks like a done deal to me!

Have fun booking and let me know what you and R agreed on <3

Tinkerbel

My Q

In keeping with the spirit of traveling :) I'm off to South Africa next month to finish some archive work for my PhD that I started there. How will my stay be in those 3,5 weeks that I'm there? Thanks!

Enlightenment23

That sounds like an amazing plan! :) Ok lets see

Cards for Providenciales (Shadowscape): The Lovers*5 of wands*The World Plus nr 18 Kipper Card Child

Cards for Grand Turks (Joie de Vivre): Justice*King of Wands*2 of Coins* Plus nr 11 Kipper Card Sudden Wealth

Ok to me it looks like Grand Turks will be the best pick :) but lets go through the cards

For P the cards seems to point to the fact that you both or one of you is/ are struggling to choose this option. I don't think you (both) see P as offering the best activities/ nature etc. and this is causing some inner struggle to get through. I think the 5 of wands is also showing that certain bookings won't be arranged well if you decide to go for P. The foxes in this card are obstacles and you will need lots of energy to get everything right. The World signifies that you will conclude this option in the end that it won't be the best choice. Now the Kipper card is a bit tricky cause this card can show a new beginning or being in touch with your inner child. However because of the 5 of wands I'm gonna take the meaning literal as an answer to your question. You and R will therefore enjoy island P "a little".

For GT you and R seem to be more aligned about what the island has to offer with Justice showing a balance in your analyses. The King of Wands certainly offers adventure and excitement that you will be able to enjoy :) The 2 of Coins feels like there is so much to do that you might actually feel like you won't have enough time to do everything. So if this is the option you will choose perhaps do a little bit of planning of what def to see and what to skip :)
Kipper Card Sudden Wealth can be interpreted as "a lot" so it looks like a done deal to me!

Have fun booking and let me know what you and R agreed on <3

Well, both islands seem awesome, really. But the problem is, in doing some research, P is said to have a climbing crime rate (which makes me a little nervous). But the plus side is that it does have awesome activities, great nightlife, and beaches. Grand Turks is much much safer, but more quiet/less stuff to do, but I'd have to hop on another small plane to get to that island. That, by itself, has made me rule out GT.

I am not a big fan of planes, so having to hop on a second flight is just too nervewracking for me.

Let's hope I like P a little more than a little :). Thanks for helping me !

Enlightenment23

In keeping with the spirit of traveling :) I'm off to South Africa next month to finish some archive work for my PhD that I started there. How will my stay be in those 3,5 weeks that I'm there? Thanks!

Let's take a look! Sounds like a cool trip. :)

I asked, "Please describe Tink's stay in South Africa."

Deck: Bright Idea

7 of Cups (Imagination), 8 of Swords Reversed (Restriction Reversed), 4 of Swords (Contemplation)

Right away, the first card warns about a blockage to productivity: procrastination! This 7 of Cups shows a guy sitting at his desk in front of a dusty, cobwebbed typewriter, but he's daydreaming about a book signing. It's like he has every intention to get writing and fulfill his passion of being a best-selling writer, but he doesn't take much action.

So your trip warns of procrastination and not really doing the grit work! Be sure to roll up your sleeves and really set your mind to doing whatever you went there to do. :)

The 8 of Swords, I feel, could describe you getting out of a period of confusion or not really knowing what to do or how to do it. Is it possible that there are certain aspects of the PhD process that you feel you can't go forward or progress because you're unsure how? It seems like after the period of procrastination, I think you'll find that "aha" moment to spark you out of that confusion/lost phase.

4 of Swords, as contemplation, shows someone studying under the stars. I get the feeling you'll be doing a lot of research/reading with a beautiful landscape before you. Warm nights, face-tickling wind, and the outdoors.

There's going to be a lot of meditative, thoughtful moments on this trip.

But with the 8 of Swords and 7 of Cups, do be careful about being frustrated with this PhD track of yours. Otherwise, sounds like a great trip to me! Have fun <3