Erotic Decks- Who do you use them with?

GotH

I'm JUST beginning to start up a collection of decks (I LOVE ART) and so I found myself browsing through some of the racier decks like the Manara and Decamarone Deck. Wow! My question is who are the people who want readings from these? I would think I'd use them more for personal use unless someone asked me specifically if I could give them a sexually explicit reading. LOL! I didn't even know these existed until just recently. Gotta say, I was drawn to it once I started looking through them. Any comment?

gregory

Basically - only with people in the erotic decks exchange here. Because I used one once in a regular exchange and - it was not appreciated :laugh:

But I do NOT restrict them to sexual questions; I think that is daft :D They do fine for ordinary questions, just as non-erotic decks do for sexual issues.

GotH

Okay, I see. I think it would be great to do at a bachelorette parties. A little help with the honeymoon. ;) LOL

gregory

Oh sure - I meant when the reading - kind of - means something. :D I can see where you are coming from - but don't use the Lori Walls for one of those... :bugeyed:

Chiriku

Really, gregory? The person you exchanged with took you to task for using an erotic deck?

The people I read for are usually members of the public at large so, no, I do not use my erotic decks with them. Thus, for a long time, I merely collected such decks.

The first time I read for someone with an erotic deck was here, online, for someone who themself appreciates the use of erotic decks. It was for a work relaated question, which for some reason seem to mesh the best with erotic decks, perhaps due to the common currency of power.

Personally, I would not use an erotic deck at a sexually themed party of any kind, as I feel that all of the ones I own (that is to say, ones published by major tarot publishers) greatly circumscribe human sexuality. Most of them are unduly heteronormative and run of the mill/stereotypical and bland in sexual practice, to boot.

Chiriku

I meant to ask if you had warned them ahead of time and they were still displeased that you used an erotic deck.

gregory

Really, gregory? The person you exchanged with took you to task for using an erotic deck?
It was someone here; we'd not interacted before, and - fair cop; I didn't warn them which deck I was going to use (never thought; silly me !) and they found the images shocking. AS some people do; think Priapo :bugeyed:

They didn't exactly take me to task, they just very much wished I hadn't, as they needed to look at the card images to see what I meant, and they found that very hard. I can't argue with that. Some people do find them difficult. I find angels harder, myself. We all have our issues !!!

tarotbear

It's hard to have a erotic angel deck ...

GotH

Do you mind telling which deck you used Gregory?