Eurydicesdreams & Wendywu - Rune Circle - January

Wendywu

Hi Eurydicesdreams - I'm looking forward to working with you.

This is our spread (casting?)

Dark Mirror (by Ian Daniels, modified)

Quieten your mind and concentrate. Think about your partner. If she has a question think about that.
Draw two runes from your pouch (or rune cards from your deck).

2-----1

2) The Shadow inside the Dark Mirror.
Something to be aware of. A possible problem area in the Querent´s life or an aspect of a problem. Something hidden that should not be overlooked.

1) The Light illuminating the Dark Mirror.
An area of growth and positive development. Source of joy. A guide towards making the right choices. Read positive aspects of this rune only.

(Note: Reversals are not used in this exercise so it does not matter which way the rune falls.)

I am new to reading spreads with runes - I hope you don't mind working with someone so inexperienced!

eurydicesdreams

Hi Wendy!

Thanks for setting our thread up. Do you have a question you'd like me to focus on? I think the main thing that I'm wondering about is my career/calling/vocation etc (because I haven't a clue about it, lol). Or, if you'd rather just read for me without a focus, that's ok too :)

Wendywu

I think a focus is useful for me thanks :)

For me, if you'd like a focus, could you look at how I could get my mojo back? I'm running out of motivation - for most things .....

Wendywu

Hi Eurys

As you suggested, I looked at a possible future direction for your career.

2-----1

2) The Shadow inside the Dark Mirror. - Something to be aware of. A possible problem area in the Querent´s life or an aspect of a problem. Something hidden that should not be overlooked.

For this I drew Uruz. This is the rune of strength which as a specifically female characteristic has usually discussed fertility and the particular strengths of women (communication skills, nurturing etc). It indicates great inner strength which can be used to push your dreams forward, and allied to a sense of responsibility means that you can take a very mature attitude to life in general and would do well in positions of authority. Having that level of inner strength can bring its own problems in that ego can sometimes take over without you realizing.

As a possible problem area in your life that could hold you back I’d say that sometimes you overthink things and see all possible problems with something and don’t consider the good. Because of this occasional negative thinking you can be held back from pursuing opportunities and this in turn can lead to feeling as if you are stagnating.

1) The Light illuminating the Dark Mirror. - An area of growth and positive development. Source of joy. A guide towards making the right choices. Read positive aspects of this rune only

For this I drew Berkanan which is traditionally the rune of growth and fertility. In connection with a possible career path I’d say this rune means that you should be prepared to accept the idea of a new path and understand that it will be one where you will have to work to develop that career – this is a “seed” if you like, and it can grow or die according to how well it is nourished.

As a guide to possible specific directions, because this rune talks of growth through careful nurturing I’d look at financial investment, any form of work with children or young people, or working to help people grow inwardly (counseling, psychology etc.).

Looking at these two runes together I’d think even more that you would do well in a field where you would need to communicate, to nurture and to lead people without dominating them.

I do hope this helps – as I said in my pm I am very new to reading runes for others, having previously only read single runes for myself!