Events or Situations and Outcome cards

BLFO

Let's say you are not doing a spread where you ask about a time prediction reference on an upcoming event. I would like to know from your experience when an outcome says that an event is going to happen but you don't know when, how long does it take for it to happen?

I rarely have anything that would happen within a few minutes or hours. But usually within 4 days.

Has anyone done a spread and an event happened weeks or months later? Or is a few days the usually materialization of the event.

Curious.

celticnoodle

BLFO said:
Let's say you are not doing a spread where you ask about a time prediction reference on an upcoming event. I would like to know from your experience when an outcome says that an event is going to happen but you don't know when, how long does it take for it to happen?

I rarely have anything that would happen within a few minutes or hours. But usually within 4 days.

Has anyone done a spread and an event happened weeks or months later? Or is a few days the usually materialization of the event.

Curious.

If this answers your question, yes I have read things that will happen months later. Very early in my tarot reading, I read for my friend, and described to her, a new beau that would be entering her life, sweep her off her feet & marry her & that he was also very well off. It actually happend 2yrs later--though I never read a time for it to happen. I would always see this man coming to her in her cards almost each time I read for her. It became a 'standing joke' between us. Lo & Behold, we took a tarot reading course together, I read it yet again & when the instructor came over to see why we were laughing, first thing he said to her was "Oh Wow- B***, you are going to meet a man who'll sweep you off your feet!". He did not even know that I was ALWAYS reading that, or that we were laughing over that appearing yet again. The rich beau was slow in showing up, but 2yrs later from when I first began to read it for her, there he was! They are getting married this summer. That was the only reading that took so long to occur. I've never been able to see things happen that far into the future since. Usually the furthest I can 'see' is up to 12mos.

I've never really been able to determine dates. I just give an impression of the time frame with the distance between the cards. That seems to work fairly well for me, though I still cannot always determine the exact month. Does this help you?

BLFO

Yeah, that helps. I never thought that tarot could predict things accurately several months and years in advanced. I always assume that there was a time limit. Like maybe this would happen between a few days or a week or two. Rarely, a month or two down the road.

Wow that is interesting.

When she didn't meet her predicted man in a few weeks or months, did she think that it wouldn't happen? I am the type of person that believes that if an event doesn't actualize in a "decent" amount of time that perhaps my destiny or "luck" has changed on me.

celticnoodle

BLFO said:
When she didn't meet her predicted man in a few weeks or months, did she think that it wouldn't happen? I am the type of person that believes that if an event doesn't actualize in a "decent" amount of time that perhaps my destiny or "luck" has changed on me.

oh yeah, she never thought it would happen. that is why we use to laugh about it. i stuck to it though because i kept seeing it in the cards. I remember telling her that 'hey, maybe i am wrong, because i'm only beginning to read, but that is what the cards are saying to me!'.

when i use to go to tarot readers, i was told that readers cannot see beyond two years time. why the 2yrs. i don't know, but that is what is told. however, my mother also had a tarot reader tell her that she would inherit alot of money from a dark haired man whom she knew very well. This would be often told her in various readings/readers and it was over 8 years before it did come true! when it did happen, it was a real surprise, as it was a relative that we had not heard from in over 20yrs. and we had no idea he had that kind of money, let alone that my mother would inherit anything from him!

i also know of other family members & friends who had tarot readings predicting things far into the future for them. some of it has happened already, and some of it we are still waiting for. haven't thought about this for awhile, until you posted this. so i guess there is no time limit on what you can 'see' with tarot.

ClareS

I don't even attempt to trying to work out the time with tarot as I can't understand it. I don't think you can.

I've had professional readers say to me you will meet someone in March etc and I think how can you know that. Like yourself, I had someone say to me over 2 years ago I would be going to work abroad and I am now.

This is something I find really hard to get to grips with. Sorry I wasn't much more help!

Abisia

My experience

Hey,
I mainly use The High Priestess spread.
1.this is it
2.this crosses it
3.present
4.what's gaining infleunce
5.what's losing
6. what's in the dark
7.what's in the light
8. What's coming- outcome- or what this is all realted to
9. What The High Priestes has to say about it- but the card only counts if it is a Major Arcaran Card- if it is not there is a secret she is keeping about the situation

anway I generally use this spread- and my exprerience is that the out come or future positons even the present positions tend to manifest between two to four weeks- in some cases it is telling me the big picture of what is going on in my life which I may not recognize till 6 months down the road.
Hope that helps

BLFO

Thanks guys. I just wanted to know, because it has been bothering me. Why?

Well, people always say that Tarot is never about your destiny being locked. People have the right to choose their fate. And fate is always constant and changing. So if that is ABSOLUTELY true, I wanted to know what part of a tarot will predict something that will happend or not. I mean, is certain things in life just fixed, even thought it won't see the materialization a year to several years from now? Or if something doesn't actualize in a few days/weeks/months that means that your destiny has taken another turn or path.

I think this concept is important when giving readings on certain issues/events where we don't state up front what time frame we would like to work in. Because if the cards will say that something is going to happen, then perhaps we should tell the querant to take note the event will happen but they should forget about expecting it or guessing when it will materialize, because it could happen in the near or way distant future...but it will happen.

Because, wow, I never thought that tarot could predict something 8 years in advance. I always thought divining with tools (tarot, runes, dominos, or Iching) as something that predict near future events. I assumed that if you are interested in distant events (past one year) that one should concentrate on soothsaying (distant future psychic predictions) instead of divination.

celticnoodle

BLFO said:
Thanks guys. I just wanted to know, because it has been bothering me. Why?

Well, people always say that Tarot is never about your destiny being locked. People have the right to choose their fate. And fate is always constant and changing. So if that is ABSOLUTELY true, I wanted to know what part of a tarot will predict something that will happend or not. I mean, is certain things in life just fixed, even thought it won't see the materialization a year to several years from now?
I do believe that Tarot is still never about your destiny being locked. Everyone still has the chance to choose their fate, but the tarot tells of one path that may be chosen.
blfo said:
Or if something doesn't actualize in a few days/weeks/months that means that your destiny has taken another turn or path.
Again, I believe that we retain full control of our future paths through our actions and the choices we make. Maybe when things don't happen when we think they will, the delay is because of the choices and the paths we made/taken.
Or if something doesn't actualize in a few days/weeks/months that means that your destiny has taken another turn or path.[/quote]
BLFO said:
I think this concept is important when giving readings on certain issues/events where we don't state up front what time frame we would like to work in. Because if the cards will say that something is going to happen, then perhaps we should tell the querant to take note the event will happen but they should forget about expecting it or guessing when it will materialize, because it could happen in the near or way distant future...but it will happen.
I guess we never really know for 100% sure that anything we see in the tarot 'will' happen, though we may feel very sure. Yeah, I've seen things in the tarot that I felt certain will happen to the client, and sometimes it has happened pretty quickly, or much later or not at all.
BLFO said:
Because, wow, I never thought that tarot could predict something 8 years in advance. I always thought divining with tools (tarot, runes, dominos, or Iching) as something that predict near future events. I assumed that if you are interested in distant events (past one year) that one should concentrate on soothsaying (distant future psychic predictions) instead of divination.
yeah, predicting past 2yrs seems a bit odd, doesn't it? I was surprised when my prediction of new love for my friend happened, and I described him accurately too. Is this poss. that I 'planted' an idea in my friends mind and she unconsciously went out looking for someone to fit the bill? I don't know.
The reader who told my mother she would inherit a large sum from a dark haired man that she knew well---how could my mother ever have a part in unconsciously making that happen? i've other accounts to that would show it's nearly impossible for the client to make it happen, so obviously the tarot is a more mystical divination tool than we sometimes credit it with.

Troubadour

Destiny versus Free Will

Tarot can predict, but destiny is still subject to free will. You don't have to be a a magician to influence destiny with free will. In addition to Tarot, I dabble in Purple King, an astonishingly accurate Chinese "horoscope" method that is frighteningly accurate (right down to predicting you'll get married in 2007 because you will get pregnant), but Purple King has influenced my take on Tarot.

The belief in Purple King -- and I think it equally applies to Tarot -- is that contained within the read is both destiny influences and "advice" which allows you to alter outcomes with free will. For example, if Purple King indicated an injury in March (it's that precise if you're a master), you can exert free will by giving a blood transfusion that month (in Purple King an "injury" is seen as "blood".) I view the Tarot the same way, especially in, for example, a Celtic Cross read. I always assume the 9 (advice card I call it) gives you the advice to allow you to exert free will to either support a positive outcome (or to avoid a negative one) as indicated in card 10. The entire read is often advice-oriented, because (well, this is my belief) most of this comes from your intuitive mind, a far greater mind than your rational mind.