Ever regret Ignoring the Card's Advice..

FenestraThought

Ok, I know some of you do daily card pulls and I know some that just ask questions. And there are A Lot of spreads with the "Advice" position.

My Question(s) is: "Ever get advise that you kinda understood but didn't fully "get" at the time and then later on down the line...hours, days, weeks later you understood. But for whatever reason you chose to ignore that advice?.... And Live to Regret It?"

Example. I pulled a random card today for a daily card:

Ace of Wand rx: ? what ? I asked ... I "don't" need to do something or start something... ?

So I clarified:

The Devil: umm... ok.. I shouldn’t do something that pertains to devilish things... addiction, lies, over indulgence, being cruel (not really a problem I'm a nice person)...but the other stuff . . . Yeah, so I just assumed that I should REALLY stick to quitting and NOT smoke today.

I was wrong.

An hour later a friend of mine asked me to facilitate their addiction (to protect the innocent we will not include all the details lol)... They were paying me money they owed me, and I had a car and they just asked me to go get it for them.... "shrugs" ok ... what ever...

And I got that "Feeling" (you know the one...where the tarot cards kinda’ flah in your head real quick like a light bulb saying "ummm THIS IS IT")

but my dumb "behind" ignored it...went to the guys house and rand over some power box "thing" I didn't see and MESS UP my front bumper...almost tore it off.. ! ! !

I felt so MAD/STUPID that I had to share that.. and got me to wondering...

Any one ELSE have any very "profound' memories of feeing impotently mad at having ignored Tarot advise ?

NamasteIndia

happened with me many times...
once i asked the cards to show me what type of person the counsellor would be The Hierophant came up and i should have known she would be useless for me
but i went ahead with the flow and into the gutter.

Second time i made a friend and lol the Hierophant again....after couple of months the relationship got over the head with conservative talks, restrictions, moral lectures, dress codes, blah blah....

FenestraThought

lol, and the worst part is.... You can even really be mad .

Teaches ya' not to doubt your self though !

VGimlet

Yeah.

The time we were leaving on vacation for a three-week long road trip, and the cards kept telling me the car was going to break down.

I mean, really clearly. Three days in a row.

And I ignored it as hard as I could.

The day we were supposed to leave the trasmission in the car we were taking broke. Luckily it was not the huge deal they thought it was initially, and we were on the road two days later. But an hour into the trip the BRAKES had problems, and we had to get THEM fixed.

Needless to say, I don't ignore stuff like that anymore, LOL.
(The rest of the trip was problem free...mostly...)

tarotcognito

Interesting that this topic should come up because yesterday I pulled three cards for my daily reading and the jist of it was I was likely to head into a clash regarding communications of some sort (Knight of Wands, Knight of Swords) that I might regret later (Five of Cups). In the afternoon I spoke on the phone with a lawyer whom I contacted regarding setting up a Tarot home business, and got a subtle but smirky kind of comment from him regarding the nature of my intended business. Not a good start to a potential client-pro relationship.

I am still going through with a preliminary consultation with this guy, namely because I know that setting up a small part-time Tarot business from home doesn't require all that much legal red tape, and the sooner I get this over with the better. But there is no doubt that the Five of Cups is making me aware of a potential personality clash between me and this lawyer. I'm going to go into my appointment with the intention of remaining cool, aloof, and polite, and sticking strictly to the business at hand. Any further untowards and inappropriate comments from him will be pointed out to him as such, and then I will politely leave and take my business elsewhere.

So let's just hope that Five of Cups doesn't come back to haunt me. :grin:

NamasteIndia

I washed my son's new uniform and the cloth started bleeding the colours the entire uniform became a mess

so i decided to ask a refund from the store owner
I pulled my cards
Devil, Page of swords, King of cups

Well i was quite scared to go there but gathered my courage. the store owner was rude did not want to accept responsibility was not even talking properly just like the cards told me. He asked me to wash the cloth in salt and serve myself.

so the cards told me the right thing....

amethyst57

yup...in regards to a certain man in my life...
in 3 separate readings for a friend, my man's soul card and the 3 of swords showed up 3 times...thought and told my friend it was for her...but it was for me, saw this in hindsight while looking thru my journal...
but just cuz you shoulda known it was coming, doesn't ease the shock and pain...was a good 3 years....

FenestraThought

Canadian Girl said:
Interesting that this topic should come up because yesterday I pulled three cards for my daily reading and the jist of it was I was likely to head into a clash regarding communications of some sort (Knight of Wands, Knight of Swords) that I might regret later (Five of Cups). In the afternoon I spoke on the phone with a lawyer whom I contacted regarding setting up a Tarot home business, and got a subtle but smirky kind of comment from him regarding the nature of my intended business. Not a good start to a potential client-pro relationship.

I am still going through with a preliminary consultation with this guy, namely because I know that setting up a small part-time Tarot business from home doesn't require all that much legal red tape, and the sooner I get this over with the better. But there is no doubt that the Five of Cups is making me aware of a potential personality clash between me and this lawyer. I'm going to go into my appointment with the intention of remaining cool, aloof, and polite, and sticking strictly to the business at hand. Any further untowards and inappropriate comments from him will be pointed out to him as such, and then I will politely leave and take my business elsewhere.

So let's just hope that Five of Cups doesn't come back to haunt me. :grin:

Oh, wow... I hope everything goes well for your you in the End !

FenestraThought

rockersgurl said:
yup...in regards to a certain man in my life...
in 3 separate readings for a friend, my man's soul card and the 3 of swords showed up 3 times...thought and told my friend it was for her...but it was for me, saw this in hindsight while looking thru my journal...
but just cuz you shoulda known it was coming, doesn't ease the shock and pain...was a good 3 years....

Yeah, I did a reading YEARS ago... and the Dragons said NO MAM he is BAD news !.... lol . . . boy where they right...!

FenestraThought

VGimlet said:
Yeah.

The time we were leaving on vacation for a three-week long road trip, and the cards kept telling me the car was going to break down.

I mean, really clearly. Three days in a row.

And I ignored it as hard as I could.

The day we were supposed to leave the trasmission in the car we were taking broke. Luckily it was not the huge deal they thought it was initially, and we were on the road two days later. But an hour into the trip the BRAKES had problems, and we had to get THEM fixed.

Needless to say, I don't ignore stuff like that anymore, LOL.
(The rest of the trip was problem free...mostly...)

Yeah, but as much as it sucks... you gatta' be thankful in a way that this kinda stuff happens. It reminds us how "Profound" tarot reading is and what kinda tools we have to so clearly speak with the Divine. I mean if we want others to follow our advise, WE should follow our OWN ! lol (still sucks when bad stuff happens though)