Expectation

aquanesha

I tried to do a reading on myself but I want an unbiased opinion if possible.
I used the Fey Tarot, with no reversals, and the Ellipse Spread http://www.angelpaths.com/spreads.html

I asked, What can I expect with M this month?

Here's what I got
Past- 8 of swords
Now- 5 of cups
Future - 3 of cups
What to do - Hanged Man
External influences- 6 of cups
Hopes & Fears - Stars
Final outcome- Moon

Okay and here's my interpretation

So, the past with M has been one where I have been left very confused. Not knowing what to do and at times I felt it was hopeless and that I should just leave it alone but something causes me to fight for the friendship. So I stay in the same spot.

Recently, I've begun to come to terms with the fact that maybe my friendship with M can never be restored as much as I may try.

The future card is one that I'm stuck on because I associate the 3 of cups with celebration but I don't see what I would be celebrating with M especially with how things have looked so grim in the past. Could it be a change is coming?

What I need to do is absolutely nothing. Don't try to contact M at all.

The external force that is acting on the situation is one of nostalgia. Maybe M is thinking about our friendship in the past and might contact me this month? I know I always think of our friendship and it is a shame that it fell apart the way it did.

My hopes & fears (really my hope) is that M will approach me for a renewed friendship.

The final outcome (?) maybe it's one where we stop all the lies and finally tell the truth for once.

Please if you could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

aquanesha :)

wind

Hi, aquanesha,

just some of my thoughts. I usually don't like Moon as the outcome, since it indicates blurred things and muddy waters, undefined feelings and situations, also fears and illusions. In short, things not being clear. So, I think that Sun would be indicating that you stop the lies and tell the truth, not Moon - Moon says that truth still remains hidden, not clear, just as a feeling.

3 of cups I don't necessary relate to celebration, I don't think it ever showed up for me in this way. It can simply be gathering - so it might happen that you will meet this friend in some place where people are or maybe where mutual friends will gahter, something in this sense. For me 3 of cups showed up when I was going in a certain bookshop and having a lot of chit chat with the sales girls. And the card usually shows three women, so it can simply mean women meeting, or just people meeting, in a quite casual way.

It is true that the reading goes smoothly, indicating that indeed you could reconnect, but for me - and I might be wrong - Moon is not such a good outcome. Things still remain unclear, as I said.

I agree that you should do nothing, not contact M at all - and also Hanged Man is about sacrifice, so you need to let go of something, maybe of your pride, maybe of your wish, maybe of desire to have contact.

Moon also says that the connection could remain invisible, it is there, but just as a feeling.
It is true that this friend may be thinking about the past and you may even meet in some gathering but things will remain unspoken, not be opened. Maybe you will just get a feel but not really open the issue. That is more the Sun card, getting things out, bringing them in the day light.With you, things remain in the dark, you don't have a clear path and vision to follow, you can only rely on your instinct. It is scary but the best you can do right now.

take care
love
wind

aquanesha

wind said:
3 of cups I don't necessary relate to celebration, I don't think it ever showed up for me in this way. It can simply be gathering - so it might happen that you will meet this friend in some place where people are or maybe where mutual friends will gahter, something in this sense.

I wonder if we will have a chance meeting. I do happen to talk to M's sister as I considered them my sisters as well. So, maybe

wind said:
It is true that the reading goes smoothly, indicating that indeed you could reconnect, but for me - and I might be wrong - Moon is not such a good outcome. Things still remain unclear, as I said.

I didn't know how to really see this as the outcome but I like your take on it. It's true we could still continue with this lie that we could live life just fine if we weren't in each others lives.

wind said:
I agree that you should do nothing, not contact M at all - and also Hanged Man is about sacrifice, so you need to let go of something, maybe of your pride, maybe of your wish, maybe of desire to have contact.

For the longest time, I've been trying to force the friendship to resurrect but with the new year I've said that this year I'm not trying anything anymore.

Thanks wind for helping me interpret the cards. I value your opinion and welcome any one else's

aquanesha