Extra Cards in a New Deck - Personal Message???

Eternus Discipulus

1. Nope, never happened to me. However if it did I'd look at it as a message of some sort.

2. I wouldn't leave them in the deck. I'd do something with them, fame them, trim them, bling them, something I wouldn't ordinarily do.

I completely agree with this response. I've never heard of this happening, so I would view it as some form of message.

G6

It's happened to me twice, but each time another card was missing. I tend to regard it as a manual packing problem, not a deeply mystical thing.

I do keep the extras after I get the missing ones, yes. And I leave them in the deck - unless we are assembling a Frankendecken deck, then I have been known to donate them. I love having doubles in a deck - it means, in large spreads, the extra cards can come out, and it's interesting to see how differently they read in different positions even on the same day.

I had extra cards and a missing card in an MRP deck once - the Fairytale - and when I contacted them about it, not only did baba-prague send me the missing card, but an extra title card autographed by the creative team, making my deck an instant collector's item. :)

That's awesome they sent you an extra with the missing card! šŸ˜Š I'm torn between framing the extra cards as suggested earlier and keeping them in the deck. It would be interesting to keep them in the deck, but since I don't use spreads I feel the extra cards might be redundant? I know some decks come with multiples, but usually the picture is different in those instances, so the reading would be different depending on which one you pull.

Padma

I have had this happen twice - Once I got an extra ten of Cups, and the second time, an Ace of Cups extra. I did find my husband around that time, too. :)

I kept the cards for a time, and then I gave them to others whom I knew needed those cards...popped them into a greeting card, along with my wishes for their happiness :)

tarot_quest

I kept the cards for a time, and then I gave them to others whom I knew needed those cards...popped them into a greeting card, along with my wishes for their happiness :)

That is really sweet of you Padma!

Padma

Thanks, Tarot Quest :) I like to pay things forward! :love:

devilkitty

I received two Eights of Faygos (Cups) in my Dark Carnival pack a couple of years ago.
I held on to the spare, as it made a great deal of sense for my situation when I treated it as a one-card "lagniappe" reading.

earthair

I've only had missing cards (2 wands in Pointner) and marked cards (6 in total in Book of Shadows).
I wonder if I should treat the marked cards as a group and read them...

G6

I have had this happen twice - Once I got an extra ten of Cups, and the second time, an Ace of Cups extra. I did find my husband around that time, too. :)

That's AWESOME! :)

G6

I've only had missing cards (2 wands in Pointner) and marked cards (6 in total in Book of Shadows).
I wonder if I should treat the marked cards as a group and read them...

Yes, I'd read all the marked cards as a group and see if the reading resonates for you as a personal message!