Fear and other scary stuff

waya

I was going to post this in Psychic Sue's thread since it seemed to reflect some of what's been posted there, but then my ramblings got to be quite long and I didn't want to derail the thread.

I had a dream last week--it was one of those type dreams that really stands out in your memory. A deathly skeletal figure was following me around and I kept trying to get away from it. Finally, I pulled one of the people in my dream aside and asked for help. He told me that I was going to have to face it sometime. I said, "I would rather die than face it." And then he said, "No one else can face it for you. You have to face it yourself. You can't go any further on your path until you face this thing." I told him, "But it's so scary." And he gave a half-smile and said, "Yes, Fear is scary." I asked how I could face it but about that point the dream kind of faded away.

I went to the online Circle Sunday night but was too late; however I stayed for a little bit and chatted with the others there. Later, after I logged off, I saw an orb hovering near my computer desk and then it moved and disappeared. I've been seeing pinpricks of light for awhile now, but this was definitely an orb. I didn't feel any negativity from it but it did scare me!

Now I've seen another, flitting through my bedroom. Both of those were small balls of white light.

I also saw something that was scary...a negative presence I've felt around me, that's been well, haunting me, for the last 20 years but I haven't seen it since I was a kid. Nothing I've done has been able to rid me of it's presence. It showed up tonight as a small (about the size of a quarter) red disk around the doorknob. Not quite as theatrical as what I saw 20 years ago, a red circle coming through the front door, which broke into three pieces and formed an evil smiley face, which kept getting closer to me, until I was finally able to break free and run. Even remembering it makes my stomach clench up. I've felt this negative presence around me ever since.

I think this new development, seeing these orbs and seeing this thing is connected with the dream I had. I'm not sure what to do though. I've been told by two or three different psychics that there was a spirit around me that was feeding off my fear. So I'm trying to be brave and not mentally "run" from the fear, but I can't just stop the fear. It still wells up in me. I don't know that trying to suppress the fear would work, because I think it would still be there just below the surface. So I think to get rid of it I'm going to have to somehow conquer my fear...but I don't know quite how to do that. I don't think it's so much about conquering the different fears I have as conquering my reaction to fear...but working on my different fears could help that. I know I'm not alone, I know my guides are with me, and that really helps. I wonder also what the orbs of light were, what sort of spirit they might be.

You know, I've just had a thought. I bet laughter would really help in dealing with fear. Reminds me of the bogart in Harry Potter. I bet laughter would literally help lighten things up. :D

Bat Chicken

Waya -

Fear is a terrible master. I heard once that by opposing something, you make it stronger. In my experience with anxiety (my story is too long...;)), I have learned that you can 'conquer' it from situation to situation, but by giving it so much attention, it does not go away.

I find the most effective way to deal with fear (if there is no real clear and present danger, that is...) is to let it wash through me - like thoughts during a meditation - don't focus on it or hang on to it. If you give no energy to the emotion, it cannot overpower you.

Be warned - though - like when you go on a diet - the worst comes near the beginning - our minds, like our bodies, resist change. Your "Will" will be necessary to help you through that. Then it gets a little easier....:)

Milfoil

One great antedote to fear is indignation & anger. Get serious about this unwanted intruder, forget the fear and go kick some butt. Imagine this fear-feeding entity as a small, annoying mosquito and give it a warning to leave 'or else!'

Ask your guides for help to know how to sheild and protect yourself so that you can rid yourself of this fear then remain free of it.

mingbop

treat it like a person, a school bully. Tell it to sod off then ignore it, it's just like a school bully trying to make you run if it shouts BOO. Whichever way feels best for you, either get mad or fall over giggling...as long as you show you're not impressed. Look on it as a door trying to stop you from getting to where you want to be and kick it open. I think we've all had that , in some shape or form. xxx.... Nothing can harm you except your own mind !

waya

Thank you Bat Chicken, Milfoil, and mingbop! Great advice! :D

Bat Chicken said:
I find the most effective way to deal with fear (if there is no real clear and present danger, that is...) is to let it wash through me - like thoughts during a meditation - don't focus on it or hang on to it. If you give no energy to the emotion, it cannot overpower you.

Wow, great insight! I've been working on that with meditation, letting the thoughts drift by (it's harder than it sounds!), I will try it when I feel the fear or anxiety. I agree that focusing on it could make it worse (what you focus on is what you attract).

Milfoil said:
One great antedote to fear is indignation & anger. Get serious about this unwanted intruder, forget the fear and go kick some butt. Imagine this fear-feeding entity as a small, annoying mosquito and give it a warning to leave 'or else!'

I love that image! I've been working on being assertive with people, I suppose the same could apply to spirits.

mingbop said:
Whichever way feels best for you, either get mad or fall over giggling...as long as you show you're not impressed.

True. Once I stop being intimidated by it, it won't really have a reason to stick around.

And it wasn't a totally scary thing this morning. I'm thrilled about seeing the orbs, I hope this means I'm finally making a breakthrough. :D

a_shikhs

Hi waya,
This spirit haunting you since the past 20 years does sound scary. But remember that no spirit can harm you unless you allow it to. And you are allowing it to scare you by getting scared. Spirits feed on our energy. They get stronger if we get scared of them. You must try protecting yourself in white light every day and night. Believe me, it helps A LOT. Visualise yourself in a circle of white light. This circle is very thick and white and anything trying to come through this circle to harm you goes back in a greater force. You are safe in that white circle and try feeling its divine energy. I do this every night before sleeping.
Like you I too see loads of orbs and white things in my room. I usually feel loads of spirit presence around me, sometimes they are negative and sometimes they are good spirits. They come to me for spirit release and when I am unable to help them, they try harming me and making things move in my room and playing weird games, trying to get my attention. But you have to be strong and not get affected by them. Then they move off as I dont show any interest.

I remember having these horrible nightmares about this one particular woman spirit and she tried her best to communicate with me. She would always pop up whenever I would do a tarot reading and would turn my cards upside down and then play with the electricity in my room. I had even started seeing her before falling off to sleep. And I would get really really scared. Then I started visualising myself in white light and imagined her trying to come through the white circle but falling back in great speed. Then I would talk to her loudly saying that I couldnt help her and that she no longer scares me. And then suddenly, I stopped feeling her presence around me. And she had moved on.

Waya, be strong and dont get scared as there is a greater invisible force protecting and guiding you. Ask the universe for protection and it shall protect you. Try meditating and talking to your guides and ask for their help. They are around you. All you need to do is ask. :)

waya

:bugeyed: Wow, a_shikhs, that would totally freak me out! I've only seen a few orbs, that's awesome that you can see them like that. I've been doing the white light visualization and it really seems to help. I'm very glad my guides are with me, knowing that helps me get to sleep at night. :D