fears/confidence spread

Liliana

A friend of mine posted this spread elsewhere, her name is Patty. I thought you'd all like it.

I've recently been thinking about my demons, and come up with a simple spread to help me with my analysis of my own fears.  Hope it's helpful to someone out there.

Feeding Fear
The design is simple: card one in the middle, 2
beneath it, three to the left, 4 above, and 5 to the right.

1.What is it that I'm truly afraid of? What hidden
or visible entity/situation is it that makes me avoid what it is I'd like to do/be?

2.Root of my fear What is the present or past
situation that triggers this fear?

3.How do I feed my fear? What thoughts and
self-talk am I using to allow my fear to exist?

4. What are my thoughts concerning my fear?  How do I view it?Is it a friend and protector that I hold close, or a dark monster that I turn from?

5.What do I receive from my fear?  What is the result of holding onto this fear? How does it occupy my daily life?

In association with this spread, I have used a
meditation during which I first breathe deeply and
center myself, and then invite my fear to express
itself in my body. I find the place in my body that feels the fear, massage and thank that spot for holding my fear. Then I take the fear out, place it in a bag and in a safe place (for me, a locked cupboard), reassuring the fear that I'll take it out and speak to it again. I then examine for further fears, and take them out. At that point I visualize my daily life without the fears, and use the same spread about feeding confidence.

1.What is the true source of my confidence? What
hidden or visible situation/entity is it that enables me to move forward with zest?

2. Root of my confidence: what present or past
situation triggers confidence?

3. How do I feed my confidence What thoughts and
self-talk bring about this confidence?

4.  What are my thoughts concerning my confidence Do I see it as a deserved reward for my own action, a friend to embrace, or a guilty pleasure not truly deserved?

5. What do I receive from my confidence? How is my
daily life affected by this inner ability?

Major Tom

I really like this Liliana - I'm going to give it a try. :)

wavebreaker

Thanks for sharing this one Liliana, I'm definitely going to try it!

aeonx

This is exactly a spread that would do me good. Thanx for sharing! :)

~aeonx~

raeanne

Feeding Fear

Well, I did the Feeding Fear spread and then I just threw the cards across the room with the “well, that just looked a little too deep into my soul for comfort” kind of feeling. Love it! :)

lunalafey

i LIKE this...
this is GOOD...

cormac

thank you Liliana (and Patty too :) ) -- i hope this one will prove beneficial to me :)

EnglishRose

Thank you for posting this spread, i really like it.
Sophie xx

Baroli

I like this spread and am going to try it out later. Thanks much.
Baroli:D