Finding the Faeries again

darkbookworm13

I came upon this thread after feeling like the Faeries whacked me over the head numerous times in the past couple weeks. There is quite a bit of chaos and missing items in our home these days, and I finally realized it was because I hadn't even looked at or talked to the Faeries in ages.

We had moved cross country in September, and are staying with my family for now, and ever since we got here the house has been turned all crazy. Random items being misplaced, moved, lost, and otherwise messed with, it was driving my parents and myself a little crazy.

Last week my husband and I got to talking about the frustration I have been feeling with my personal beliefs and my path, I couldn't figure out what was missing. Just a nagging thought in my head (getting louder and louder) that I had forgotten something important. As we were talking I told him I felt like Chaos might be calling my name, since I am usually very uptight about things being out of control, more specifically, my control. (A virgo trait compounded by fear, I have discovered)... He laughed and said he already had told me that months ago, when I bought my FO deck.

I went to a local metaphysical shop to see if anything called to me, but I came away very disappointed, even though I had no clue what I was looking for. I tried tracing my steps back to all the different paths I had studied over the years, but still got nothing. Two days ago I saw the HoTF oracle at a book store, and the clue bat whacked me again. I really wanted to buy that deck, but a shout inside my head told me "Don't you dare! You haven't even made time for us, that deck doesn't belong to you!!"

So I put the deck back, and hurried home to bring out my FO deck. The first card I found when I started looking through them was Honesty. I got the message of not being honest with myself, and also a resounding yell about the neglect the Fae had suffered.

I have been carrying it around, after apologizing to the Fae for neglecting them. I haven't done any readings with the cards, just enjoying studying them when I get the chance (with a 1 month old and a 6 year old it is hard sometimes). The only problem now is that I can't find the journal I started using when I bought the deck this summer. Should I just start a new one?

Also the Fae got to see how others are storing their decks yesterday, and are very loudly telling me that the sage green crocheted pouch I made will not suffice anymore. Just need to go looking for fabric since I have none... Will let everyone know once they tell me what they want.

*waves* hello everyone from a newly recharged Faery addict. I hope to make some new friends and find people who don't look at me like I am crazy when I start talking about the Faeries...

Alissa

I loved reading your post, it reminds me of how much I was connected to my Fae. I only read with that deck a few times a year lately, although the Fae are always in my life. :D

My guess... your journal is being held hostage by the Fae, perhaps to remind you that the dialogue needs to move forward?

Journals are great, but they do tie us to the past. Reading past revelations can be illuminating, but the dialogue has to be fresh, ongoing and always developing into something relevant in the current moment to remain engaging.

Without that sense of discovery, any deck can grow stale, no?

And by the by... the Fae are probably lingering around you a lot with a newborn in the home. In my experience, the Fae become more active when a wee one is in their midst. They relate to babies differently, children too but babies most specifically. When my kids would focus and look over my shoulder, I used to ask both my sons, when they were cooing little wee ones, "Is there a faery on my shoulder right now, is it making funny faces?"

Thanks for sharing your path with the Fae!

darkbookworm13

I am glad you enjoyed reading my post, They are great fun, and also very impish sometimes, lol....

The journal does seem to be held away from me, maybe since I just bought a brand new leather bound one, they want that one instead... I know what you mean about the dialogue, I don't want to get bogged down in what I understood the cards to mean months ago, and miss what the Faeries are trying to tell me now.

My daughter does stare off quite often, and has a very contemplative look on her face, I was wondering what she could see, but now I don't doubt that the Fae are scoping her out and entertaining her. We thought she might be in tune with something magickal, she was born on the full moon last month, and has a very strong personality.

You are most welcome, thank you for such a quick response and a warm welcome.

MagsStardustBlack

Hi Faerie Friend!

Pleased to meet you DarkBookWorm13,

I'm Mags, and i to have the Faeries' Oracle and a two year old daughter, so i know what you meen about not having time.

I really enjoyed reading your post. I could relate to it. I am glad you found the faeries again and are enjoying your deck. I have always believed in faeries. I'm 29 now so i do get strange looks from people when the find out i beleive. But i just don't care, everyone is different and i think that it must be strange not to believe, i think it must be a very misty path to tread, if one does not believe in faeries os some sort, like living life with your eyes closed.

I think you should get a new journal, as even though you are coming back to your deck, it is still a new journey, with new insight, new experiences and adventures, plus you will have grown a little since the last time so will see things differently a little atleast. Pick a nice special one that you know they will love.

I had a great idea for learning the FO and was so excited about it, so posted a thread, but nobody responded. So i just do it myself, make up tales and stories for them, it was another member that jogged the idea.

Maybe we could keep in touch, i would love to swap ideas and studies once in a while on the faeries.

Stardust and laughter,

xxxMags.

Elendil

MagsStardustBlack said:
I had a great idea for learning the FO and was so excited about it, so posted a thread, but nobody responded. So i just do it myself, make up tales and stories for them...
Maybe we could keep in touch, i would love to swap ideas and studies once in a while on the faeries.
xxxMags.

Now THAT seems like a great idea...more than just describing what is happening in the picture.

I have this deck and do a daily draw...turning to the book for help. Perhaps a more intuitive approach would be better...

darkbookworm13

I would love to study together, I have usually only had myself to study things, or sometimes my husband.

Thank you, I am glad I listened to the pokes and whispers too. I have always believed in Them as well, but as I grew up it was frowned on. Meh, I don't care though, They are real whether others believe or not.

I was thinking that they wanted me to have a new journal as well, I was getting the images of drawing all sorts of artwork inside the covers.... More when I figure out what They want me to do

MagsStardustBlack

Elendil said:
Now THAT seems like a great idea...more than just describing what is happening in the picture.

I have this deck and do a daily draw...turning to the book for help. Perhaps a more intuitive approach would be better...

I thought so, but it would have been a rolling story between different people, one would pick up from where another left off. I thought the faeries would find it fun and it would develope intuition and imagination skills and maybe even find out secrets about them through the creative process. You could relate childhood memories through the faeries which in turn strengthens your personal bond with individual cards.

EDIT - ishould mention it was another poster that inspired the idea as they did it but it was more in thier own memory, the stories. I thought it would be cool to journal them and relate the stories with other faerie folk as a creative learning experience.

The book is great to though, i love it and we do need the book description of the faeries as it is thier personal key. I'm going to start doing a daily draw again. I put my FO deck down for a month or so as got a new tarot deck that i was studying. But was inspired by this thread so picked them back up today and am going to continue studying them from now on.

MagsStardustBlack

darkbookworm13 said:
I would love to study together, I have usually only had myself to study things, or sometimes my husband.

Thank you, I am glad I listened to the pokes and whispers too. I have always believed in Them as well, but as I grew up it was frowned on. Meh, I don't care though, They are real whether others believe or not.

I was thinking that they wanted me to have a new journal as well, I was getting the images of drawing all sorts of artwork inside the covers.... More when I figure out what They want me to do

You could start of your drawings with your drawing your faerie guide. Have you done the faerie guid imagery journey? By Jessica Macbeth. You will meet your guide and others to. I have a few scetches now of faeries i have met. It's great fun!!

darkbookworm13

a moment of quiet

Now that my baby is sleeping and my 6 year old is occupied I can respond (but shh don't tell them I am doing something, they will want Momma back again) lol

I agree with Mags about the book, some of the cards I had trouble with before, and only the book gave me any clue as to what that Fae meant. I intend on learning from the source as well, but at the time I wasn't getting much in the way of communication.

I think I can count Honesty as my daily draw for today, I am looking forward to who I will meet next. I haven't been able to do the Faery Guide exercise yet, I read all the different ones in the book before, but once it came time to try life always had a way of jumping in. I have always struggled with meditating in the past, so it has been a challenge to do so now. Definitely something I want to work on. Until I get the chance my FO blank card will stay blank.

I will see if I can scan any drawings I do, or something, so that I can share them. The only things i see right now that I know are the Fae are flutters in my peripheral vision, and the House Brownie who followed us here from NM. I don't know his name, but he used to live with us there, and I have only seen him once, or rather, I saw his hat and a shadow of him. When we moved we told whoever was living with us that if they wanted to they could come along (we had made them Faery houses, and brought them to our new home) so that the Fae wouldn't feel abandoned.

Things certainly haven't been boring since we did that, that's for sure. I think the Brownie likes the wood stove my parents have, I just hope he wants to live with us in our apartment once it becomes available.

I really like the story idea, I would love to take one card at a time and write about them, gets the creative juices flowing, and if we wanted to do a "round-robin" type of writing, I would like to as well. How would you like to do it Mags?

Also, I am glad this thread inspired you to start studying the FO again, for some reason the idea of getting your daughter a crystal to hang in her window popped into my head. I think my Faeries suggested it. Something sparkly they tell me... lol, glad I am around people who won't think me mad for saying that ^_^

Elendil

I would love to join you both...Keep me posted.

Elendil.