First real Tarot reading

Marcus R

Did my first, cold, no looking up the books readings for our friend Karen today. They went really well. My mentor, Mary, came over to watch and give advice. She said I did well. I felt I did a good reading. There were some really good cards in the spreads which helped the readings to work well.
Very happy with myself but happier that our friend went away pleased. That's the important part.

Alta

Good for you. I think getting past that first reading for someone else is an important step. I have seen people post here who had a negative initial experience and didn't pick up their cards again for years!

Thoughtful

l remember feeling so elated when l did my first readings and everything came together. That was way back now. To send someone off happy with their reading is such a joy and a wonderful boost to your confidence.

PAMUYA

Bravo :heart: let the journey begin.

tarotbear

:thumbsup: Nothing can stop you now! :thumbsup:

Marcus R

Thankyou everyone for your good wishes. That was the first step on a journey I will take for the rest of my life. I have so much yet to learn.

Le Fanu

Well done! One of my promises to myself this holiday was - once rested - to force myself to do more readings for people I don't know and it was very easy to have friends of friends (about whom I know nothing) offering to be guinea pigs. I also wanted to use it to test out decks which I feel are good reading decks but which I had never tried with other people. Plus test out some spreads I had made a note of and hadn't tried with anybody. Oh and to see how I can read with reversals! So lots to practise on!

It was good for me and - like you - I had positive feedback even though I personally was very hard on myself and thought a lot about how it could have been better.

It's a good feeling. Sometimes we are blessed - as in the case of one spread - when all the cards just sort of slot into place in their positions. Other times we have that shoe-horning moment...

Even with friends, when using reversals, I went away and thought/researched possible relevant meanings and got back to them the next day with further thoughts! Not something you can do normally with a client I suppose but it was all part of the learning process.

hope you get to do more