Flotsam and Jetsam Divination Kits! Help create one for you and one for me!

rhombchick

:bugeyed:
OH!
I found it very hard to stick to the 5 item limit.
.... but I did, because I always go over limits!
Well no, one person got an extra item, but only because I didn't think they'd be able to use it, but it was calling their name anyway!

Wow!
Those spreadcloths sound really interesting.
I've been pondering how I am going to read mine.
A couple of people have already started reading with theirs and I don't even know where to begin!
Well that's not true, Satori gave us an awesome starting place.

I just can't wait to see it all!!

Apollonia

I'm sticking to the limit, because it makes it easier for me to choose the items I want to go to each person.

Satori

I think it is better to stick to the limit. I have to go through my kits again and see if I can shave off a few items. I have sets of things, that I count as one but are a set of mulitples...so...it is harder to stay to five, but still not impossible.

Plus, then you get quality items and you don't end up with lots of extra stuff that you don't know what to do with. ;)

It has been fun trying to determine what to give and what not to give....and it changes constantly.

lefthandedgoth

Uh-oh. Did I create a monster?

So, there I was searching for Junk Oracle on google, just to see what would come up, and saw a link to Thorhammer saying something like

...since I got a junk oracle reading on Etsy I've wanted to start one of my own...

And a link to this thread.

Just so ya know, you wouldn't be the first one to do that. I would say quite a few people have been inspired by one of my readings to start their own junk oracle collection. And I'm glad to be the devil who whispered that in your ear.

However, I'm not the one who came up with it. As far as I can tell, Patricia Telesco did, in her book "Everyday Oracles". She calls it a junk drawer oracle.

A local TV morning show host came across the Etsy listing and had me on their show a while back. She actually brought her own junk drawer from her kitchen, not quite understanding the concept. I profiled her and her husband from it, ha ha. Then did a reading on the air for a couple of the people there. It was fun!

If it's possible, I would like to play junk swap! I'm in Oklahoma.

We are having a Junk Oracle swap meet and mini convention April 10th (Saturday) at 6pm in OKC. The reason I was googling junk oracle was to find maybe others who have started one.

I would be more than happy to share what I have learned from this chaos-based system. The most important thing to know is that you have to let it teach you as you go. The second is that pieces will develop new meanings from time to time, so don't be too rigid in your definitions. If something is upside down, I treat it as a reversal - blocked energy or a different shade of meaning.

I have a lot of my junk online on Flickr. My username is, I think, lefthandedgoth, although it might be randomleigh. Look in a set called "new junk oracle".

Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with! I'm glad I found a group of fellow chaosticians.

Ande

cardlady22

Welcome to the Purple Pages, lefthandedgoth! You'll find a lot of cool people and info around here.

Satori

Hi lefty,

Glad you found us. I have to say that we are a bit into this one and so you'll have to wait for the next time we do this type of swap, but sounds like you have your own sources! ;)

I had no idea there was someone doing junk oracle readings on Etsy until Thor posted about it here. Hope that was successful for you.

There are lots of us here on AT who've been collecting toys and other stuff and reading with it. In fact, there is even ZannaMarie who is an Animal Cracker reader. She does your reading and then eats it with a cup of tea afterwards. :bugeyed:

I have a Toy oracle, a Shell oracle (not the card set by Michelle Hanson, though I do have that as well) and a few others. And now this one. Been planning this for a while and I'm excited about seeing how it continues to progress.

I think that perhaps Ms. Telesco had the honor of being the one to get into print with the junk oracle idea, but might not be the official creatrix...though I have absolutely no idea about that. Any hoo, glad to meet another junky!

Thanks for cheering us on!

thorhammer

lefthandedgoth said:
So, there I was searching for Junk Oracle on google, just to see what would come up, and saw a link to Thorhammer saying something like

...since I got a junk oracle reading on Etsy I've wanted to start one of my own...
*jumps up and down happily* Hi, Ande!!!

Never forgot that reading :) SOooo cool. You inspired me!

And I've been reading with my half-formed monster myself, over in the Train Cafe (don't ask) . . . and it's been really fun :)

I am so glad you've come on here :) Please, if you feel the inclination, start yourself a thread in New Members to say hi to everyone. The mods over there are just fantastic :p

\m/ Kat

OmSeaweed

I know this is a lark...but if anyone drops out or if there's room for one more I'd be so thankful to be a part of something so beautiful and inspiring! ♥ (besides, I really need a distraction for the next week--really need a distraction!--and it'd be such a positive thing to keep an eye out for special, altruistic things :) )

thorhammer

OmSeaweed said:
I know this is a lark...but if anyone drops out or if there's room for one more I'd be so thankful to be a part of something so beautiful and inspiring! ♥ (besides, I really need a distraction for the next week--really need a distraction!--and it'd be such a positive thing to keep an eye out for special, altruistic things :) )
LOL Hi! We're all pretty well up to our eyeballs in it now, I don't think there'll be any dropouts :) But why not keep your eye out for pretty and cool things just for your own Oracle? The cool part about that is, when you find a speccy item, you've got a whole situation to associate with it, so it has so much more meaning in the context of a reading!

\m/ Kat

OmSeaweed

Thorhammer,

Do you think there's any chance one of the flotsam groups would have room for someone who collects their own bits to play along?

Thanks!