Flotsam and Jetsam Divination Kits! The Little Drummer Girls

Cat*

rhombchick said:
P.S. the great thing about customs inspections is that they don't really care what goes out of the country, so I might be able to get away with sending some interesting bits and bobs....
Kangaroo claw anyone??
Oh! Oh! Pick me! Pick me! :D

Cat*

Satori said:
I think you might have misread my intent. I meant that you choose a bag from your stash, put a few things in it to "seed" it and then as the items come in you add to your bag. So the bags shouldn't be sent out....but just wait patiently at home for your to fill! ;)
Thanks for the clarification! :)

Satori said:
And as for the drums, I meant fun drums, tribal drums, tambourines and percussions and keeping the beats to the battering of the waves, the howling of the winds and the drumming of ocean storms on your window pane.
For now, I'm tapping an irregular rhythm on my laptop keyboard... (But, as I just learned, an irregular rhythm is still a rhythm, just one that changes a lot. ;))

rhombchick

*drum roll*
And the kangaroo claw goes to Cat!

I think I have all your items picked out actually, well most of them.

Our themes are quite similar, so I am having a hard time deciding what to keep and what to send!

cardlady22

I'm about to enter a new decade this year, so I'm really drawn to the concepts behind the Ace of Spades:

*spiritual death & rebirth
*renewing life through experiences
*Sun in Water
*the card of Self Awareness/Self Enlightenment
*locating untapped resources
*beliefs & choices
*useful service to others as a source of inspiration
*limit, boundary
*challenge, hurdle
*action required/forced by events
*ice vs. fire ~ some view Spades as Fire

As I read through and list parts from 3 different authors' books, I'm snickering at myself trying to neatly manage the so-called Mid-Life Crisis. :p
Let's see, Tuesday will be good for the Anger. Wednesday for the Melt Down . .

And if anyone's interested, the authors are Sharon Jeffers, Iain McLaren-Owens & M.F. "Chance" Wyatt.

Cat*

After going through some of the places where I store small, unattached things, I now I have a small selection of items for rhombchick (Fantod-y weird things seemed to be surprisingly easy), one or two pieces for Milfoil, and some items that may or may not go to cardlady22 or Anam Cara. There are more unsearched corners, though, and I also would like to take at least one walk through the park and maybe a trip to a second-hand shop or something (I'd prefer a flea market, but I'm not sure they have started the season already, with the snow and all)...

As a side result, I also ended up with quite a few things for a Trashy Oracle. I haven't tried it out, yet, but I'm curious to see if/how it will work.

I am also now wondering: I have no experience with this form of divination, so maybe I'm setting up too many limits for the energy - after all, if I'm going for "blood and bones," wouldn't I also need some other energies to balance that? *scratching head*

cardlady22

The cool thing about this is the "free association" that goes on. Blood and bones.

Blood is the River of Life. Physically, it brings nutrients (as well as contaminants) to every cell of your body. Next my mind jumps to the idea of transfusions. compatibility of type.

Bones are the structure/framework of your body. Yet, they cannot move without the muscles and liagaments attached to them.

Cat*

cardlady22 said:
The cool thing about this is the "free association" that goes on. Blood and bones.

Blood is the River of Life. Physically, it brings nutrients (as well as contaminants) to every cell of your body. Next my mind jumps to the idea of transfusions. compatibility of type.

Bones are the structure/framework of your body. Yet, they cannot move without the muscles and liagaments attached to them.
Thanks, that's very reassuring (and exciting) to read. So I'll just stop worrying now and let you people free associate over my theme for yourselves. ;)

I'm also just back from reading the threads of our sister groups and brought a great new idea: STORIES! :) I'd love to get a little "story" with whatever you send. Where you found it, why you included it, what it could mean, outright stories or poems (haiku seem rather appropriate), or whatever else seems interesting to tell. I swear: reading that item X used to lie in a dusty corner of your junk drawer for the best of five years, that you included it because you couldn't bear to keep it any longer but it seemed wrong to just throw it into the trash, and that it could mean that cleaning up one's junk drawers every once in a while IS interesting to me. :)
I'll also happily include the same sort of writing (or parts thereof) in the packages I send out.

cardlady22

We're still waiting for Anam Cara to stroll into camp, right?

Anam Cara

~~RUNNING not strolling~~

What'd I miss? (Lots, I can see!)
Sorry ladies, a crazy weekend here...
I'll do a bit of catching up now! :D

I'm so excited to be a "Drummer Girl"!

:heart:Cara

cardlady22

I can't help linking to this pic! :grin:
ETA: Just found out it's in Atlanta! May have to visit GA some day.