Frequent dreams about death and the like

LovelyMissAries

I realized today many of my dreams over the past year, year and a half, have had guns, gunshots, people getting killed, murders, and as of last night I dreamt a pair of serial killers teamed up after I befriended them and the male suffocated me with a plastic bag over my head. I didn't die, however...almost, but not quite.

I was wondering if murder and death are actually positive symbols since it does signify something about a part of one's personality dying or changing in some way. Moreso, what does it mean if death is a frequent theme in my dreams? Or why?

TractJM

Traditionally, people have associated death with rebirth and renewal in some schools of thought. I've observed the act of murder and death in a dream has often, especially when I've read or intuitively gleaned for other people with like dreams on here - that they are in a negative or bad place/self-view/feeling and it is being purged, healed and recovered. The acts and what occurs in correspondance to the attack and or death is how they're consciously responding.

Perhaps you're healing/changing from a previous "self" but are struggling against the change?

That's my $0.02, lol

LovelyMissAries

TractJM said:
Traditionally, people have associated death with rebirth and renewal in some schools of thought. I've observed the act of murder and death in a dream has often, especially when I've read or intuitively gleaned for other people with like dreams on here - that they are in a negative or bad place/self-view/feeling and it is being purged, healed and recovered. The acts and what occurs in correspondance to the attack and or death is how they're consciously responding.

Perhaps you're healing/changing from a previous "self" but are struggling against the change?

That's my $0.02, lol

Yeah, for the past year I've been really depressed and all this negative stuff. The past couple of months I've been feeling better, both about myself and my life but I'm scared I'm feeling better for nothing. I don't know that I'm struggling though... 'cause I would rather feel better, you know?

amethyst57

i agree about the rebirth and renewal thing, dreams can be the opposite of they are...like dreaming of a happy wedding can denote trouble in a marriage or relationship...know from experience about that...

but, it could be another thing too...
when i was a teenager, i had a series of death omen dreams...after each dream i would find out i had lost a grandparent (4 biological ones, come from a blended family)...these all happened within 4 years...not sure what the dreams were about, just woke drenched with sweat,crying and screaming....

(those dreams have evolved to what can only be described as someone walking over my grave...which still creeps me out, but i have more of an understanding about this)

Divina

These are the type of dreams that are our own fears.

The suffocating is fear threatening to suffocate you is a very clear indication you don't want a relationship with someone but you're still holding on.

Guns are an aggressive male symbol and somewhat sexual.
It is like a fear of forceable men.

The violence of others in this dream is like in waking life you could be walking on eggshells.

This dream should be related to recent emotions.

------

Overall it sounds like a sad time for you and I hope you overcome this and I hope my interpretations don't offend.

MagsStardustBlack

Starlight09,

Could you be psychic? You may be experiencing precognition. I went through a few months spell of exactly the same thing. I had one very clear dream of the death of a world icon, i dreamed it was on the news i seen images on the news in my dream. Two weeks later he was dead and the exact same film inages were on the news - spooky!!!

Have you seen 'Minority Report'?

xxxMags.