Gate cards in the minors

Butterfly

Rachel Pollack (in 78 deg. of wisdom)talks about certain cards within each of the suits that serve as gates into deeper wisdom. I can't think of which ones, at the moment (can look it up if anyone wants) but she says that meditating on them acts as a gateway to much more significant meanings than the surface ones that are commonly used.
Does anyone work with the gate cards, and if so, how?

Jewel

I was just reading that last night! *LOL*. I was bummed that she did not come right out and say which ones they were right there and then, and hope that as I read through the Minor's portion of her book she will identify them. If anyone has any info on this I would also like it so I can work with those cards.

Love & Light,

DeLani

I can't remember exactly who it was who I read that talked about the gate cards -- you might try A.E. Waite's "Understanding the Tarot" (formerly published as "The Pictorial Key to the Tarot.") I do remember that the 10 of pentacles was one, because the pentacles were arranged into the Kabbalistic Tree of Life diagram. I think the two of cups was another one.
Blessed Be,
DeLani

Butterfly

LOL, unfortunately Jewel, they are scattered throughout the descriptions. Aah, the suspense....