Gem/crystal water

Butterfly

Wasn't at all sure where to post this!! In my reading I've come across this idea, and thought a people might be interested in it as a new idea.
Being into the idea of vibrational medicine I love this idea of gem water. Basically, it involves placing a cleansed crystal into the bottom of a clean, glass (not plastic) cup or jug and filling with spring water. The water will absorb the energy of the crystal in about 10-12 hours. It's best to use the water immediately although it can be stored for a while in the fridge. Gem essences may be made through a more complex procedure (involving brandy as a preservative), but will last much longer.
There are heaps of uses- apart from drinking the water. Pouring it into a bath, feeding your plants, water for your pets, air humidifier, putting it into a spray bottle and spraying your aura, rubbed over your aura, dabbed onto pulse points, chakras, third eye (protective?). Putting a couple of clear quartz crystals into a jug of water will magnify the waters benefits.
Quartz crystal is best for this, apparently the different quartz will each have a subtley different taste. Take care as some crystals are toxic, while others are water soluble. Best to stick to the different types of quartz- lets face it there is enough variety!
I'd love to know if anyone has tried it and what their experiences are?

RedWood

I have never heard of that, very interesting.. Did you read an article or book on this?

Butterfly

It was in a book of crystal healing that I have. I've researched vibrational medicine for years, so the concept was very familiar to me. But the idea of using a crystal for the same purpose (I usually use flower essences) had never occured to me.
It makes absolute logical sense to me though.

slinky_jo

You can also have the same effect by pouring spring water into a coloured glass tumbler. If you wish to be energised, pour the water into a red glass. If you wish to be soothed, pour it into a blue glass, etc. The waster can be energised by the sun for a day (or the full moon for a night) and then consumed. Same effect as drinking crystal water. Or for added potency, add a crystal to your "coloured" water!