Gifts to clients

ros

When I give readings & always drink water & ask the client if they would like one. When I begin I offer them a card from
"the Angels of Light" by Diana Cooper
They take that card with them when they leave. It has a beautiful picture of an angel in golden light on the back.Also it has reading & an affirmation of the card.

Does anyone give anything with their reading to the client? (besides the reading?) Also sometimes I give a choice of a stone, just depends what I have extra of.

Alissa

I think that's mighty generous of you, ros ... myself, I don't give anything to clients, except what the cards say :).

(And business cards....) ;)

lunalafey

I never thought of anything like that- but it sure makes sense-
I have a big bag of "raw" quartz crystals, nothing suitable for making things with, but they would be good to put in the center of the reading and then send it home with them!
what a wonderful thing!

Star Spirit

I kind of like that idea, something small to give them...

I like the idea of stones. I could buy a bunch of little ones with different properties and give them one that pertains to their reading...like if they need protection, etc...

wynde

i don't read professionally, but when i read i usually write down the basic ideas and insights from the reading, and give that at the end. i always list all of the cards and positions in the hopes that they will look into meanings themselves. i'm always recruiting...

i usually feel that even though the querent is present at the reading sometimes it's easy for them to miss things, or to become overwhelmed, not to mention that when issues in the future show up, it's nice for them to have something tangible to look back at later.

there is some dead space while i'm taking the time to write these things down and i wrote about how i deal with this in the "spreads" forum a while ago but i don't know how to link to it i'm afraid. the thread is called "two spreads in one reading" if anyone is interested.

i love the idea of giving them something to take with them ros, what a nice gesture.

Diana

ros: How very generous. Thanks for sharing with us. I'm going to buy some stones as well. :)

Page

Originally posted by lunalafey
I have a big bag of "raw" quartz crystals, nothing suitable for making things with, but they would be good to put in the center of the reading and then send it home with them!

I also do the same, giving out quartz crystals and tea n' biscuits. With Phone readings I also give a crystal and a tape of the reading sent to them in the post. I used to spend extra time but I can get so carried away, which is not fair if I have clients waiting.

At the end of the say it's a good selling point but that was not the way I intended it to be.

I think gifts always make clients feel that little extra happy at the end of a reading.

Mystic Zyl

I sometimes give clients a small candle, or a piece of alum, or bath salts.

Chronata

I have always given something at the end of a reading.

Often it is a gemstone.
(and a good story about the history and talismantic properties of said stone.)

Lately I have been giving little handpainted "blessing" stones :)(Thank you Lark for that wonderfully brilliant idea!)

Long ago, I used to make little planetary talismans, and recently in the past, I gave out little bundles that contained a card with an inspiring quote, (and my phone number on the reverse) a gemstone, and meanings or properties of that stone.

when I ran out of stones, at one psychic fair, I ended up giving out sticks of inscence, (because I always have a ton of them!) and they were really well received too.

lark

Quote:Originally posted by Chronata
Lately I have been giving little handpainted "blessing" stones :)(Thank you Lark for that wonderfully brilliant idea!)
Hi Chronata, I'm glad that's working out for you. And you are very welcome.
Here is the thread Ros where we all started talking about what we do after a reading. www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18782