Golden Tarot - Knight of Wands

tarot4fun

Knight of Wands

From the LWB~
A knight walks his covered horse into the wind. A message is wrapped around the wand he carries and sparse fire blows against a wall behind them. He wears a simple, flat helmet and a chainmail hood. He and his horse are finely dressed in matching fabric with a diamond and vine pattern.

Meaning: An adventurous young man. Putting ideas into action. Eagerness. A journey or move to a new home.
The horse~

The first thing I notice when looking at this card is the covered horse. As form of transportation the horse can represent our personal journey and moving forward. In a mystical sense, the horse can represent an inward or a shamanic journey. So why the cloak? This fancy fabric could represent how the knight feels about his spiritual path ~ an outward, creative expression of the inward journey.

The horse seems to be fighting the bit ~
~ ~sometimes we bite off more than we can chew.
~ ~or we say, “I’m going to have to chew on that a while.”

The knight seems relaxed, but you can tell that he is very focused. The way the he is sitting, and the fore leg of the horse reminds me of the Tennessee Walkers or the Spanish horses with beautiful ambling gaits. So someone watching would see a lot of motion and activity in relation to the actual forward movement.
That’s how any creative endeavor is, a lot of musing, practice and exampling before the actual project is seen by others to progress and move towards completion. Maybe that is why creative people appear to be ‘just sitting around doing nothing’ ~ they are told “get a real job”. It's times like this, when it’s important to go inward to find and understand our true calling, and then stay focused.

tarot4fun

The fire~
The brush is being burned off.
A fire will get rid of invasive plants and clears the land for new growth. Trees with deep roots and thick bark can survive. Certain seeds need fire to remove their tough hulls so they can germinate; and there are pine cones that will open only when exposed to fire. Some plants and grasses re-sprout from their roots, seemingly overnight, after a fire.

The knight carries a scroll~
This could represent ancient teachings as well as the lessons he learned from the masters. Building upon their knowledge and experience, his own inspiration will sprout brand new ideas.

Interesting that some people flourish with creativity when under fire, so to speak.

celticnoodle

tarot4fun said:
Knight of Wands

From the LWB~
The horse~

The first thing I notice when looking at this card is the covered horse. As form of transportation the horse can represent our personal journey and moving forward. In a mystical sense, the horse can represent an inward or a shamanic journey. So why the cloak? This fancy fabric could represent how the knight feels about his spiritual path ~ an outward, creative expression of the inward journey.

I found your thoughts here quite interesting, as I never saw it in this way before. I'm going to pay more attn to this card when it pops up and see if I can see this meaning there.

generally I use to see this knight as someone who was antsy. looking for some action and something to do when there is nothing going on. like he wants to prove himself somehow. impulsive. also about traveling though, as all the knights I feel can be interpreted that way. with this knight, I feel if symbolizing a trip--it's something fun and exciting, as he seems like he is really looking for excitement in his life.