Golden Tarot

retrokat

Mimers,

Unfair advantage! :D

Kissa

Be careful

Mimers said:
oooh, I am only a half hour from Stamford, CT :D Maybe I could drive over there and pick up the first deck myself!

I'd say you'd better stay home safe, Mimers, with all these avalanches ....

Kissa

Aure

I hope the decks become available online soon!! Amazon still hasn't updated their pages and neither has the finnish Bookplus...

retrokat

US Games have listed it on their site... twice, and with no picture at the moment, but at least we know they have copies! I assume they send overseas?

Or it should appear in all the usual places pretty quickly now:

You can buy through Aeclectic's link to Amazon to support the running of this site, or Jeannette's Tarot Garden for that personalised service, or through my Amazon links. So many choices! Don't ask me what's quickest...

lunakasha

retrokat said:
I think I've explained somewhere way back on this board about why I had to abandon most of the images from version 1 - mostly image quality, as well as the piracy meaning that I had to collage more heavily to ensure that they are all legally 'new and original works of art'.

The first deck was made in a couple of weeks at low res, so not a lot of effort went into it (either with the research or the actual construction), hence it was a bit ambiguous and not nearly as "collaged' as the new deck.

The first deck was just, well, to be honest, the first picture I came up with for each card that "felt" right to me, with some basic additional elements added but that was about it. It certainly wasn't terribly scholarly, Considering the level of detailed questions I already get about "why did you put this there?" I'm glad that I did a pretty thorough job of researching & constructing the published version :)

Thanks, retrokat, for answering our questions about why the original images were altered, and the resulting deck is obviously a very beautiful, richly detailed and polished work of art.

Most of the version 1 cards that I really liked, mainly for their originality, were Majors, such as Death and the Devil....have you considered the possibility of issuing a Majors-only deck of these earlier versions??? Or maybe offering prints of those cards would be another, less expensive option? Just a thought...

My compliments to you, Kat, on creating such an exquisite deck of cards, and for sharing BOTH versions with us via your website!!!

:D Luna

skysilver

I wasn't sure if I was going to get this deck. Now I am definitely going to get it. That is just too interesting.

Jeannette

I got my own confirmation of Kat's report earlier today from USG. The decks are in, and our supply would supposedly have been shipped out to us sometime in the last 12 hours. As you can imagine, our preorder list for the Golden is very long, so for those of you who preordered through us, please give me a day or two to start getting the broadcast emails out. Those messages will contain full instructions for finalizing your order, but keep in mind that we won't be receiving our supply until sometime late next week (God and avalanches willing). Nonetheless, it appears that our long, agonizing wait is nearing the end at last!

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden

Kraai

My pre-order was cancelled

I've been searching for years for a deck that speaks to me. This deck is gorgeous.

But... Amazon cancelled my pre-order 3 days ago. I'm not a happy camper.

Khatruman

Re: My pre-order was cancelled

Kraai said:
But... Amazon cancelled my pre-order 3 days ago. I'm not a happy camper.
Do you still have the confirmation e-mail they sent you when you pre-ordered? I am going to hold them to my pre-order, and pre-order price, once they "realize" that the deck will be released.

My suspicion is that they offered a pre-order price which wouldn't give them a profit once they found out what the deck would be listing for. They, of course, couldn't tell people who pre-ordered that they would now have to pay a higher price, so they conveniently got that information that it wouldn't be released (interesting that it happened just before release).

If you look on Amazon's site, the deck is still listed, but now for $25.

Kissa

Khatruman said:
My suspicion is that they offered a pre-order price which wouldn't give them a profit once they found out what the deck would be listing for. They, of course, couldn't tell people who pre-ordered that they would now have to pay a higher price, so they conveniently got that information that it wouldn't be released (interesting that it happened just before release).

If you look on Amazon's site, the deck is still listed, but now for $25.

I am not sure your theory is right. I pre-ordered some time ago (but not as early as many of you I guess) at the $25 price and they still cancel my pre-order.

I still hate that they just cancelled without informing, warning or trying to offer anything to compensate huge deceptions...

I think the whole stuff is just a big quiproquo (or a mess if you prefer) between US Games and the rest of the world.. even Mother Nature was again them, naughty Lady, sending them avalanches and stuff ...

Kissa