Hang gliding

Emelgee

Hi all

I had this dream on Saturday night.

I was at a bar with 3 other people, one of which was my ex-boyfriend with whom I had a 4 to 5 year relationship. The other two weren't anybody I recognise from waking life and it was a female and a male. We are sitting at the bar and these three people are all sitting to the right of me. We are sitting in this order - me (girl), bf (boy), random lady friend and random male friend.

I either order a drink or one is ordered on my behalf and it is a double shot of scotch. I can't recall whether I had a mixer drink with it at all. I drink it and become very intoxicated.

When I regain some sobriety, I remember feeling disorientated and annoyed about being drunk or given too much to drink by my friends. My ex-bf is no longer sitting with me and it is now just me and the two other ppl. I order a full glass of vermouth (or, at least what I think vermouth is...a green liquor). I drink this tall drink while pointedly staring into the eyes of the male friend as if to indicate how annoyed I am about this situation or to prove something to him.

I realise that my current love interest has been at the bar and I missed seeing him due to my intoxicated state. It seems early for him to leave the bar and when I ask after him, I am told he left early to prepare for some hang-gliding the next day.

I was mulling over this dream the following day and, on a whim, decided to text my friend about his going hang-gliding in my dreams and he replied that as he is scared of heights, it is on his list of things not to do!

My love interest and I are in "negotiations", you might say about the context of our relationship and I wonder what symbolism this may indicate.

I feel that part of me is still dealing with the hang overs from previous relationships and I am hopeful that my love interests taknig time out to prepare for hang gliding is a metaphor for him taking some time to collect himself to get ready to take a chance (or leap of faith) with us...

Does anyone have any ideas or anything to add?

Cheers
E

memries

Hi Emelgee. I am just going to take the facts in your dream and try to unravel them..ok ? If you don't agree that is ok too maybe it will give you some clues.

Two unknown people at table.. male and female. Is there that influence somewhere in your life ? Your old boyfriend was there.. past history.

Being at a bar was the focus of the meeting.
You became intoxicated . In other words you did not know what you were doing. Lack of control. Why blame them ?

You sobered up and were annoyed. Your ex was gone.

You did it again !!! A large glass at that. You stare into another man's eyes for what ? You realize you have missed your current interest who was at the bar but who has gone to plan hang gliding.

In your second episode with the large glass of vermouth you complicated matters yourself. At that point you did not want to know or didn't care. Was it rebellion ?

It seems to me the dream is telling you about personal responsibility for your actions or non actions. If you want the current interest you are going to have to focus on him and leave out complicating matters between you.
It may not be drinking but some other factor and in the dream the symbolic use of the alcohol was shown. In the second instance you were using it to escape facing something.

memries

In your analysis of the dream you mention your friend does not want to hang glide at all. Hang gliding is perfect freedom between you and your wings and the Earth.. while it lasts. You friend does not want that at all. It seems to me he is looking for steadiness in that case, nothing adventurous.

Also it could be he is looking for steadiness in you as well. Getting drunk twice in the dream was on the frivolous side to say the least. It was the way the dream showed you this value. Getting drunk is not too stable for sure. It portrays lack of control (have done it myself of course) that is how I know ! lol. You dreams are about you and how you could handle your relationships with others. If you are not a drinker then there is a quality in you that is frivolous in some other way.

Just my ideas maybe there is something in here that can help you to understand...memries

Emelgee

Hi there memries

You make some very interesting points. The stability thing really stood out to me. I have always assumed I was a stable person but I am beginning to realise that emotionally I am a little bit unstable...but, I am working through this with energy healing work and NLP. Maybe the love interest sees me as too "flighty" at this point and he might not be too far wrong! But each day I am learning and hopefully these issues from my childhood will be put into their proper perspective.

E

willowfox

Being drunk is to lose control of yourself and to act stupidly, so are you losing control of some part of your life and this in turn is making you angry.