Happiness Spread

Luna Shay Luv

I wanted to know what you guys thought about this spread... I am new to this so please be nice, lol. What do you think i should keep and or change?
This spread is in the shape of a diamond and is called of course the happiness spread.

----1----
--2-3-4--
---5-6----
----7-----

1 where you were
2 where you are
3 how did you get here
4 the problem
5 what is most difficult for you
6 first step to take toward happiness
7 outcome

i thought it help look at the situation from all ends and point you into the right direction..

nisaba

I'm a pretty happy person and I've been a pretty unhappy person too, so I figure I might (or not) know a thing or two about happiness, and how to lose it and come by it again.

And the thing about this spread that bothers me, is that it seems to treat happiness as a goal in itself.

All my experience and all my lifetime suggests to me that happiness isn't an end in itself, nor is it something that happens to you or comes to you while you "wait for it" or "work towards it". Happiness tends to be a by-product of working your arse off to be productive in a field or fields that are meaningful to you and beneficial to others, with no intention towards being happy but an intention to do something worthwhile and meaningful. This is where truly deep-down, lasting happiness is found, as opposed to surface pleasure, which people often mistake for happiness.

In the last couple of years I've been reading the philosophers, particularly the Ancient Greeks, the 5th century Chinese, the 17th-18th Century French and the 19th Century Germans, as well as a few contemporaries, and all the really serious thinkers with the awesome reputations to back up their words that I don't have, all seem to agree with me.

Perhaps the spread could easily be re-cast to arrive at where your energies should best be utilised for you to be doing worthwhile work in a field you value? Happiness will flow naturally from that.

Ambience

I've got alot out of this spread...

I find it quite honest. I'll post my reading under my readings happiness spread.

Thanks x

rwcarter

I like the information the spread is trying to get at, but the flow of the cards bothers me. I'll chew on it awhile and see if I can come up with a better flow for laying out the cards.

Ambience

rwcarter said:
I like the information the spread is trying to get at, but the flow of the cards bothers me. I'll chew on it awhile and see if I can come up with a better flow for laying out the cards.

Maybe that's because the outcome is at the bottom and happiness is something that goes up not down, just a thought x

rwcarter

Ambience said:
Maybe that's because the outcome is at the bottom and happiness is something that goes up not down, just a thought x
That's part of it. Also, I think how you got there should be between where you've been and where you are instead of after where you are. But since the shape is a diamond, the flow has to stay true to that shape.

Luna Shay Luv

what about this??

----1----
--2-7-6--
---3-4----
----5-----

1 where you were
2 where you are
3 how did you get here
4 the problem
7 outcome

rwcarter

----7----
--4-5-6--
---1-2----
----3-----

1 where you were
2 where you are
3 how you got there
4 the problem
7 outcome

This makes the most sense to me (right now). Where you were is at the bottom and the outcome is at the top. How you got there is between where you were and where you are. And it seems to flow better.

Rodney

Luna Shay Luv

I did it that way and it came out pretty accurate!! I love it.