Have to believe?

mirja crimson

Do you have to believe in the gods and goddesses associated with the Runes to use them and really connect with them?

MystiqueMoonlight

IMO the Nordic deities represent the specific energies which essentially surround the power of the Runes and enhance our abilities to work with them effectively. If these energies are represented by other deities (Gods/Goddess') which you find are more personal to you than that is ok. This doesn't change anything because basically which ever deity you are acustomed to are merely the same energy anyway, but by a different name and appearance. Kind of like different looking Tarot decks all still represent the same esoteric values.

ladycj

I agree. I think a lot of times we are all talking about the same God, but with different names, or different sides of their personality. After all, as we study Greek myths, we see they have correspondances to Gods in other countries. I think you should use what you are familiar with, but don't be afraid to study something new. Or just dismiss it without some thought.