Have you ever used tarot cards for spells/magic(k)?

Have you used tarot for spells/magic(k)/rituals?

• Yes- for spells

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Yes- for magic(k)

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Yes- for rituals

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • Yes- several/all of the above

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • No- not interested at all

Votes: 23 22.8%
  • No- but I might be interested in future

Votes: 27 26.7%

• Total voters

Tanga

Rituals, yes. They're wonderful for quarters, especially the Aces. But I've only used certain decks for that.

Meditation is another thing, not really covered in the choices here, and I've used cards for that often.

Meditation is a ritual of sorts. :)

EmpyreanKnight

Not yet, and previously I really was not interested, as I planned to use the Tarot strictly for divination and meditation.

However, I recently opened the Ciceros' Golden Dawn Magical Tarot kit. Its excellent companion book has a lot of rituals in it, and they were interesting to say the least. I may want to try some of them in the future.

Padma

I have used the cards to create a protection circle around myself while spell (intention)-casting. Or, used them to do a reading within a circle drawn with a wand.

My cat has no issues walking into that circle - has done it several times! Whip out the cards, and there is the little black cat, haha! ;) with no fear of crossing the barrier of light.

earthair

Rituals, yes. They're wonderful for quarters, especially the Aces. But I've only used certain decks for that.

Meditation is another thing, not really covered in the choices here, and I've used cards for that often.

Meditation is a ritual of sorts. :)

Exactly :thumbsup: (That's why I didn't add it under the poll choices)

I have used the cards to create a protection circle around myself while spell (intention)-casting. Or, used them to do a reading within a circle drawn with a wand.

My cat has no issues walking into that circle - has done it several times! Whip out the cards, and there is the little black cat, haha! ;) with no fear of crossing the barrier of light.

So it's not just me who does that :) I've given up trying to work in the garden as I am a cat magnet.

I've sometimes cast circles on top of, or just outside another made out of cards.

Tanga

...My cat has no issues walking into that circle - has done it several times! Whip out the cards, and there is the little black cat, haha! ;) with no fear of crossing the barrier of light.

I have a black cat too - and she loves to sit on them if I set them out. ;)
I think she's jealous of them.

...So it's not just me who does that :) I've given up trying to work in the garden as I am a cat magnet.

I've sometimes cast circles on top of, or just outside another made out of cards.

WHY should it be onnnnllllyyyy yoooooooou? :D
(welcome to cat-magnet world. I have to walk past quickly with no eye contact - or else!).

I most often cast a circle (with fingers or wand), then call the quarters as I place a card at the quarter position on the circle. So the circle is re-inforced with 4 cards in it.

earthair

WHY should it be onnnnllllyyyy yoooooooou? :D
(welcome to cat-magnet world. I have to walk past quickly with no eye contact - or else!).

I've just never had anyone else to talk about it with- for all I know I might just be a bit odd :joke: There's always the possibility the stuff I come up with is too wombley.
I feel more reassured now :D

chaosbloom

Should I ask if any of you are ever worried about the cat going in and out of the circle on a whim or is that too off-topic? I lock mine outside the room, just in case.

earthair

Should I ask if any of you are ever worried about the cat going in and out of the circle on a whim or is that too off-topic? I lock mine outside the room, just in case.

I just presumed the cats can't sense it and just came to investigate me. Not my cats either, they belong to my neighbour. But my garden probably looks very interesting to them because I have 2 dark mirror pools, which they drink from!

I should try using my new BBCats in the garden...

Padma

Actually, mine tends to stay in, once she is in :)

I once read that circles are stronger and card readings more accurate, if a cat deigns to participate - I think it is true. When my cat flumps down on my lay out, it means it is extra accurate! ;)

Morwenna

Our cats ignore my circles. They will lie on my spreads. :) But if they find themselves within a circle I've cast, there doesn't seem to be any effect one way or the other. I think cats can permeate circles with impunity anyway.

I too am a cat magnet. :)