Have you ever used tarot cards for spells/magic(k)?

Have you used tarot for spells/magic(k)/rituals?

• Yes- for spells

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Yes- for magic(k)

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Yes- for rituals

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • Yes- several/all of the above

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • No- not interested at all

Votes: 23 22.8%
  • No- but I might be interested in future

Votes: 27 26.7%

• Total voters

chaosbloom

I'll have the cards laminated in diamond before I practice any ca(r)tomancy. Mine keeps taping and scratching everything that might even remotely interesting. Brightly colored, highly contrasting cards are my cat's favorite pincushion.

Sulis

Yes, all of the above.

G6

Have you ever used tarot cards for casting spells? For magic(k)? For rituals?
If you haven't, can you say why?

I don't know how to use them in this way. Do you have reference materials to suggest?

Tanga

Should I ask if any of you are ever worried about the cat going in and out of the circle on a whim or is that too off-topic? I lock mine outside the room, just in case.

No. IMO doesn't make a difference. The cat IS, jus as the energy circle IS (at that time) - and I don't think her passing through it affects it.

I don't know how to use them in this way. Do you have reference materials to suggest?

Donald Tyson - Portable Magic

Janina Renee - Tarot Spells

Kraig and Greer - Tarot Magic

James Wells - Tarot For Manifestation

I'm sure there are others out there but these are the ones I thought of off the top of my head.

Yes.
Can add "Magick and the Tarot" by Tony Willis
and here's 2 threads which have spell ideas:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=245240&page=3
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=245701

Tanga

*double post removed*

earthair

I'm deliberating over this one (the top review on Amazon is stopping me though!) -
Tarot Magick: Harness the Magickal Power of the Tarot (Paperback) – 22 Aug 2015
by Baal Kadmon
Has anyone got it?

Thanks for the list Tanga :) Which ones have you read and what did you think? Any particular things you recommend to try?

Michael Sternbach

I would recommend Renée to those who have more of an intuitive take on Tarot, and Tyson to those who like a systemic (Golden Dawn) approach. Talking about Kraig, well, spinning around while holding a card in my hand until I drop to the floor from dizzyness is definitely not for me; also, I wonder how some of the card meanings were derived. But I know that some have much respect for Craig.

Tanga

...Thanks for the list Tanga :) Which ones have you read and what did you think? Any particular things you recommend to try?

The list is not mine. :)
The only one I've read is Donald Tyson - and I travel the middle road between systematic and intuitive (Always - the middle road. :) "On the fence" with everything. Could be the Gemini rising in me). So, I'll admit that reading Donald was quite an exercise. Though I got through it in the end. And I would highly recommend him.
(sort of - you don't really "get it" until you've trawled through the pages - even if you never use it after.).

I'll try Janina Renee next - at some point.

...Talking about Kraig, well, spinning around while holding a card in my hand until I drop to the floor from dizzyness is definitely not for me; also, I wonder how some of the card meanings were derived. But I know that some have much respect for Craig.

:joke: - The Sufi Way? (though one is not really supposed to get dizzy here perhaps).
I suppose there's something to be said for getting completely lost in the feeling - whilst still holding onto the thread of the intent (much like sex magick or trance).