He sees her as The Sun/The Magician

Sienna

I did a very difficult reading for a client today.

I did a relationship spread, how she sees him, how he sees her, how she feels how he feels etc...

Well He saw her as The Sun Card and he feels she is The Magician.

Well they are actually in process of divorce... So it was hard to put a negative slant on the upright Sun. I came up with he was over confident about her, and basically arrogant... As for The Magician, I said that he felt that she had tricked him in some way... and was basically pulling the wool over his eyes... Ahem, it was a very difficult reading, but I handled it with tact and diplomacy.

I even did a reading after she was gone, asking if I had interpreted the cards accurately. The result was YES! But hey.....

Anyway just wondered what other meanings to the Sun could be applied here?

Thanx
Sx

tarotbear

It could be he saw her as the bright shining Sun of his life (which is why he might have been attracted to her) but his experience is that she was good at getting what she wanted.

Kahlie

There is definately a huge tension between the both Cards. I would say that would have helped the breakup, because when what we perceive about a person, and what we feel about them is radically different... we get into problems...

The Sun indicates he saw her as innocent, sweet, bright and probably thought that she would be the weaker partner in the relationship. Innocence is a big part of the Sun for me...

But The Magician shows that he feels that actually she knows how to play her cards, is self-reliant, likes the spotlight a bit... and so The Magician is a very strong partner in a relationship, and especially can be a bit selfish too.

Those two images don't match. He probably tended to hang on to the Sun, although inwardly knowing that he feels she's not like that... We make up our own image of what our partner is and isn't... even sometimes when it's incorrect we defend the image, instead of the partner...

Kahlie

Satori

Sienna said:
Well He saw her as The Sun Card and he feels she is The Magician.

Well they are actually in process of divorce... So it was hard to put a negative slant on the upright Sun. I came up with he was over confident about her, and basically arrogant... As for The Magician, I said that he felt that she had tricked him in some way... and was basically pulling the wool over his eyes... Ahem, it was a very difficult reading, but I handled it with tact and diplomacy.

Sx
Maybe you didn't need a negative slant...
Sun as shining a light on the dark, seeing things as they are rather than as they might want them to be.
And Sun as burning too hot to be out in the Sun...a scorcher so maybe too high and mighty??

And Magician, thinking you hold all the cards, having a secret, knowing something others don't know because as the master of illusion perhaps the Sun was about to illuminate the trickery???

Satori

I think the difficulty here is that when someone comes to us for a reading we tend to want to build the relationship with the person sitting across from us. So we may not want to look at the cards and go, "Oh you were the one cheating. So, this is on you buddy." ;) Maybe not quite so bluntly, but, you know what I mean.

It is hard to say to someone who has paid you cash something that is hard to hear. I"m not saying that is what happened here, but it is sometimes hard to read the cards and see the truth and then say well you have some making up to do or you really need to take responsibility or the cards indicate you may have been the scoundrel here.

It is a learning experience doing readings live.

Congrats on hanging in during a tough one.

Grizabella

I agree with elf that it's hard to be objective when reading for someone. Our own attitudes and ideas of what might be the case with their situation, or else our own experiences in similar situations, can sneak in and color the reading.

People going through a divorce aren't always mutually feeling negative about each other. She may think the divorce is mutual when it's really not. He may be seeing her as being the light of his life, the brightest and the best, (the Sun) and that she's able to do absolutely marvelous and unbelievable things (the Magician) but still have agreed to the divorce or even be acting hostile toward her out of male pride. And she may have needed to hear that he felt secretly positive toward her, which might have helped them to reconcile. Maybe she was harboring a secret hope that that might be the case for him.

I'm just supposing things here, imagining a scenario, not suggesting that in this situation you weren't right. It's natural to think, though, that if two people are getting a divorce, then each would see the other as a culprit and therefore positive cards in those positions could be confusing.

Sienna

Lyric, Elf, Kahlie, and TB

All valid interpretations, I agree particularly with Lyric, about postive and negative cards being present due to ambivalent feelings.

The Husband was actually seeking the Divorce, he had served Divorce papers on her! What came through in the cards, was that he wasn't particularly good for her, but she still wanted the relationship anyway...

She wanted to know if he actually hated her... so it was very hard to interpret with that "positive" Sun... and that was the best answer I could come up with.

She was very difficult to read for as she wanted answers to so many issues (without paying extra of course! ;) )

Clients - you have to love 'em!

Sx

Sienna

Well I heard from my client today, she replied to my feedback email that I send to all my clients...

Well she was really positive, said I definately helped clarify matters for her and she would be recommending me to others!

Well maybe the reading wasn't as bad as I had thought.....

TemperanceAngel

Sienna said:
Anyway just wondered what other meanings to the Sun could be applied here?
I have different views on the Sun being positive. I think you can actually be complacent with this card or not be looking at the full picture completely, just what you want to see.

Blinded by the light. Sunburn.