Hello (Kitty) Owners help please?

whytowlwmn

Hi, I recently bought a Hello deck and am fairly certain they are not authentic. I would really appreciate input that my deck is copied or not and am hoping that someone would be willing to assist me? Thank you in advance for your help.

My Hello Deck:

Cards printed on very thin card stock
A piece of green cardstock on top & bottom
Cards cut very unevenly; not uniform size
Printing inconsistent: some cards lighter/darker than others
Title card Kitty's bow very faint pink tint
No CoA (was one issued?)

AJ

do they have anything on the back?

whytowlwmn

AJ said:
do they have anything on the back?

Yes, the have Kitty heads & say Hello Tarot

bershka

whytowlwmn said:
Hi, I recently bought a Hello deck and am fairly certain they are not authentic. I would really appreciate input that my deck is copied or not and am hoping that someone would be willing to assist me? Thank you in advance for your help.

My Hello Deck:

Cards printed on very thin card stock
A piece of green cardstock on top & bottom
Cards cut very unevenly; not uniform size
Printing inconsistent: some cards lighter/darker than others
Title card Kitty's bow very faint pink tint
No CoA (was one issued?)

It's possible that they are photocopied.

Did you get your deck from a seller from Australia or not?

I have the same thing exactly as yours except they are cut evenly, printing is consistent and all cards are equal. I didn't get CoA either, but Hello Kitty sued the tarot so I don't think there was ever a CoA

whytowlwmn

bershka said:
It's possible that they are photocopied.

Did you get your deck from a seller from Australia or not?

I have the same thing exactly as yours except they are cut evenly, printing is consistent and all cards are equal. I didn't get CoA either, but Hello Kitty sued the tarot so I don't think there was ever a CoA

No, I got them from the US

I'm not unhappy with the imagery just the price, $70, less than many but way too much for a photocopied set.
I didn't even think to ask if the cards were uniform size, just assumed. I can cut them down though.

Thanks for your input. =)

raeanne

Hi all,
If I remember correctly, the Hello Tarot was a self-published deck. The card stock is thin and it definately has a "home made" feel to it.

whytowlwmn

raeanne said:
Hi all,
If I remember correctly, the Hello Tarot was a self-published deck. The card stock is thin and it definately has a "home made" feel to it.

Hi!
Yes it was self-published and I did expect the card stock to be less than stellar after reading some other posts, just not as thin as it is. I suppose I could look at it as my deck being homey & unique what with all its quirks. I just don't want any other people to get them & expect them to be uniform. I appreciate your help =)

Silverlotus

I have this deck, and while I did not buy it directly from Joe Rosales, I believe it is authentic.

The deck is on thin card stock, and is uniformly cut. There is a title card, but Hello Kitty's bow is not pink. It also includes a card that explains the deck, and suggests Eden Gray's book A Complete Guide to the Tarot. The printing on all cards is consistently dark, and is ever so slightly raised if you run your fingers across it.

The deck has green papers of similar thin card stock on either end to protect it from the elastics. My copy also includes a slightly smaller card on plain paper that says "Thanks for your order! People like you keep Joe drawing, and he appreciates it! Thanks so much!" along with a drawing of an cartoon animal (a skunk?).

There is no CoA, since this deck was not made by Sanrio. The artist is Joe Rosales. If I remember correctly, he stopped selling it because Sanrio threatened to sue him. Really, they should have just bought him out and put out the cards themselves. I certainly would buy another copy if it were commerical produced.

whytowlwmn

Silverlotus said:
I have this deck, and while I did not buy it directly from Joe Rosales, I believe it is authentic.

The deck is on thin card stock, and is uniformly cut. There is a title card, but Hello Kitty's bow is not pink. It also includes a card that explains the deck, and suggests Eden Gray's book A Complete Guide to the Tarot. The printing on all cards is consistently dark, and is ever so slightly raised if you run your fingers across it.

The deck has green papers of similar thin card stock on either end to protect it from the elastics. My copy also includes a slightly smaller card on plain paper that says "Thanks for your order! People like you keep Joe drawing, and he appreciates it! Thanks so much!" along with a drawing of an cartoon animal (a skunk?).

There is no CoA, since this deck was not made by Sanrio. The artist is Joe Rosales. If I remember correctly, he stopped selling it because Sanrio threatened to sue him. Really, they should have just bought him out and put out the cards themselves. I certainly would buy another copy if it were commerical produced.

Well eBay just suspended trading privileges of the seller of my deck for some reason; they didn't specify why. I had sent a letter to her expressing my concerns a few days ago (no response yet.)

I did not receive the "thank you" card or the card recommending the book, which, in addition to the other things, leads me to believe it is a copy.

I agree, I would have purchased a commercial set as well, but I can see why Sanrio got miffed. If I were an artist or the copyright owner I wouldn't want my stuff ripped off. At least they didn't sue him.

Thanks very much for your help!