Help, need to find that deck again...

baylys

About 12 days ago I was reading a thread and it had a link to a new Lenormand deck in the works.

I believe it was a collaboration deck and I clearly remember a poster saying something about "his/her style of art would be perfect for a lenormand deck.'

The images were very simple, not cartoony, but not super-detailed. All I remember was on the stork card there was a snake at the feet of the stork, it was by some reeds. The corners were square, boxy, almost art-deco style.

Please help with a link to that thread if you can. Much appreciated.

ETA: I FOUND IT!!!!! I did a search using keywords style of art and found it was the Burning Serpent Oracle by Robert Place and Rachel Pollack.

emmsma

OMG! There is going to be a Robert Place Lenormand!?! My wallet is cringing.

Linkie please.

emmsma

Thank you!

karen0205

That looks great. I love his style of artwork. I wonder where it will be on sale.

emmsma

Is there a Indigogo or Kick starter page to preorder? I don't do pinterest, so not sure if there is more into there that I'm not seeing.

BodhiSeed

Emmsma, I found out about this deck through Place's newsletter sent out about a week ago. In it he said:
"As you know if you have been following me on Facebook, Rachael Pollack and I are working on a new divination deck called the Burning Serpent Oracle. It will be a spiritual interpretation of the Lenormand deck with 38 cards instead of 36. It is conceived by Rachel and me, I am designing the cards, and Rachel will write a book with a story for each image. At this time, it is over three quarters complete. If you would like to see the completed cards I have been posting them on Facebook and I would be happy to accept a friend request from anyone on my mailing list."

SixDegrees

I must say, it's a very clever interpretation of the traditional Lenormand symbols. The deviations are marked but sensible. This one is on my list.

emmsma

Emmsma, I found out about this deck through Place's newsletter sent out about a week ago. In it he said:
"As you know if you have been following me on Facebook, Rachael Pollack and I are working on a new divination deck called the Burning Serpent Oracle. It will be a spiritual interpretation of the Lenormand deck with 38 cards instead of 36. It is conceived by Rachel and me, I am designing the cards, and Rachel will write a book with a story for each image. At this time, it is over three quarters complete. If you would like to see the completed cards I have been posting them on Facebook and I would be happy to accept a friend request from anyone on my mailing list."

Thanks for this.